AT&T update/security patch?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just curious if anyone on AT&T has recieved the August security patch? I was looking around at some things and mine is still on July.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Great. This is going to make me paranoid again. My N10+ had an issue and could never retrieve updates, new there was a patch I should've had so it was easy to quickly identify. Samsung and numerous AT&T people messed with it and declared it a weird lemon so I exchanged it.

Anyone care to wager if this is just timing for some customers vs something we should be contacting AT&T about? My phone is using a new SIM activated by AT&T, and my account is showing the correct device.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For those on AT&T would help more if you told us what August Patch Firmware Build number your on a screenshot or thr build number, just curious, i do have my AT&T Note20 Ultra on August patch but i odin to August patch when got my phone on Wednesday. I'm just curious what AT&T build number threw out. Doesn't concern me to have it since i ofin my updates manually.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine updated to August while I was setting it up from fresh out of the box

I was thinking mine would too, but then it dawned on me today, that I never got an update. And I can't force it. When I check, it says its up to date.

Last edited:

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking mine would too, but then it spawned on me today, that I never got an update. And I can't force it. When I check, it says its up to date.

Same...given last year's issues (although this phone isn't throwing the bizarre errors, touch wood), I used AT&T chat and asked that they push it out. They said I should get it within 24 hours. Fingers crossed.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Was your phone purchased specifically as AT&T or unlocked? I'm thinking maybe those of us with AT&T specific phones aren't getting it and unlocked (even if running on AT&T network) are.
Unlocked (from Samsung) Popped my AT&T sim card and saw the update after setting up the phone.