AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

This is really confusing. I got a specific email saying they are sending me a box for the trade in. This practice of using the rma for the note seems very risky. Be nice if we could get some clarity.
Yes, that's the proper way of trading it in per at&t themselves. Wait for 7 days for the bag or box to send in the old device.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

I just talked to ATT again, and the lady said to not use the label or the box your new phone came in. Either wait for the label/packaging that is sent to you, or you can go to this link and print the label out and put it in your own packaging which is what I just did.

https://tradein.att.com/

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I just talked to ATT again, and the lady said to not use the label or the box your new phone came in. Either wait for the label/packaging that is sent to you, or you can go to this link and print the label out and put it in your own packaging which is what I just did.

Thanks Nizmo for check-in and verify.

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Last year I went through hell when I used the box that the phone came in. I sent in the phone and tracked it and it was received but a few weeks later I received an email that they have not received the phone. I called and gave them the tracking number and they confirmed they received it but a couple of weeks later my phone was shut off for not sending the phone back. I called again and they said they would take care of it but every week or two this would happen again and again and again. It took over 4 hours combined on the phone with support to get this fixed.

jpgti

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

I reached out to AT&T regarding the trade in, and they asked if I had the RMA label from the new phone. I said no and they sent me a new one. So that apparently is the correct procedure.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I reached out to AT&T regarding the trade in, and they asked if I had the RMA label from the new phone. I said no and they sent me a new one. So that apparently is the correct procedure.

This is a hot mess. I just called and was told I need to go to print my own label off the att trade in site. I explained to the rep that I have a specific email saying I am to receive shipping materials in the mail within 7 days. Despite this I was told I had to use the website to get the shipping materials. How can this be so complicated? I dont trust using the RMA and of I do the trade in on the website blind how will ATT know its connected to the Note promotion? The website talks about sending me a 60 gift card. This sucks. 1000 in credits is too valuable to mess up.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Did you end up using this method? Did you reference a promotional code?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread

Yes I used this method and filled in my info. No code. They send you a ref number after you fill it out. I shipped it off today.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread

Promotional code is for when you buy the new device not for trade.

Thanks. Still seems risky. The person I spoke to was clueless about the Note deal. I think its just a contractor for ATT that manages trade ins. I guess ill see if the materials arrive in the mail in the day or two and if not go this way.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Why don't you guys just do the trade in at the store in person? More convenient and faster.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I might just do that. I really dont feel like missing out on a $1000 trade in.

I wouldn't even be comfortable doing this. The emails I received were very specific. Nothing about in person trades.