AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I never trade anything to AT&T so I don't know the process. Does it take this long to get a return package from AT&T? I did get an email saying the return package should arrive within 7 days. I'm still waiting and was wondering if anyone got them yet.

OnePingOnly

Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

I never trade anything to AT&T so I don't know the process. Does it take this long to get a return package from AT&T? I did get an email saying the return package should arrive within 7 days. I'm still waiting and was wondering if anyone got them yet.
I'm just using the same carton that was sent to me from ATT with my Note 20 Ultra arrived in. I still have my Note 9 box so it should be an easy process.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm just using the same carton that was sent to me from ATT with my Note 20 Ultra arrived in. I still have my Note 9 box so it should be an easy process.

Who do you ship it back to? Are you using the RMA shipping label that came with the box? I also got an email from AT&T that a package will be shipping to me to return the old phone. So that is why I'm still holding off returning the trade.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I did mine through AT&T Corporate store. I just went in the store and told them about my pre-order and they just logged into my account and completed the process and gave me a trade-in receipt confirmation of $60 value for the $1000 credit. Technically I should've waited for the return package by mail but I rather do it in person just in case. This is my first time doing trade-in through AT&T.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I did mine through AT&T Corporate store. I just went in the store and told them about my pre-order and they just logged into my account and completed the process and gave me a trade-in receipt confirmation of $60 value for the $1000 credit. Technically I should've waited for the return package by mail but I rather do it in person just in case. This is my first time doing trade-in through AT&T.

I didn't know you can do that at the Corporate store. Definitely will look into this. Most of my trades has been done through Samsung directly and 100% effective. Just didn't know how AT&T roll their trades.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Don't do that unless you plan to lose the phone and not get a trade in. Unless you meant use the box but wait for the return label to come in they are sending for the trade? The label in the box is to return your note 20 not the trade in. AT&T has warned people to not do this as they aren't responsible for your device getting loss for not following instructions for trade ins. That is to rma your new device back, not to trade it.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

It's very simple i do it every year for trade in all you have to do send only the phone, the accessories that came with the phone you get to keep.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

See my other response...that is not for trade ins and causes havoc in AT&T system. You could lose your trade in doing that.
I've never had a problem before . Everything that I needed to return my n10 was put in the box and I've never had to wait on a shipping box to send anything back.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

That's the process I've always done with no problem.
That isn't the proper process. Talked to anyone who deals with att they will tell you that you are supposed to wait till you receive the trade in package. Like I said, at&t even told me on the phone last week or so to not use the box we received the new device in or the return label. You take a high chance of losing your device that way.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

That isn't the proper process. Talked to anyone who deals with att they will tell you that you are supposed to wait till you receive the trade in package. Like I said, at&t even told me on the phone last week or so to not use the box we received the new device in or the return label. You take a high chance of losing your device that way.
I've never been sent a trade in package or been told I had to wait on one in all the years I've dealt with att. They send the new phone with my trade in paperwork. I sign the paper, I wrap the old phone up in some bubble wrap, and then I put the phone with the paperwork in the brown box . Tape it up, put the label on the box , and I send it. Never had any issues . I'm not trying to prove what the right process is. All I did was answer the question. If that's not the way the op chooses to send their trade in back then they don't have to because I honestly don't care either way. *Shrugs*

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Anyone get their trade in box yet? I received several emails from ATT specifically saying they would send me a trade in box in 7 days. Tomorrow is the 7th day btw.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

I've never been sent a trade in package or been told I had to wait on one in all the years I've dealt with att. They send the new phone with my trade in paperwork. I sign the paper, I wrap the old phone up in some bubble wrap, and then I put the phone with the paperwork in the brown box . Tape it up, put the label on the box , and I send it. Never had any issues . I'm not trying to prove what the right process is. All I did was answer the question. If that's not the way the op chooses to send their trade in back then they don't have to because I honestly don't care either way. *Shrugs*

Maybe but I didn't receive any trade in paperwork with my note

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Exactly how i always done for years with no issues AT&T sends the label to me was in the box the Note20 Ultra was in then i send the trade in phone and they already received the phone got a email that was in perfect condition and my trade-in passed with no issues, i returned the trade-in phone same day i received my Note20 Ultra, so I'm already in the clear.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Exactly how i always done for years with no issues AT&T sends the label to me was in the box the Note20 Ultra was in then i send the trade in phone and they already received the phone got a email that was in perfect condition and my trade-in passed with no issues, i returned the trade-in phone same day i received my Note20 Ultra, so I'm already in the clear.

This is really confusing. I got a specific email saying they are sending me a box for the trade in. This practice of using the rma for the note seems very risky. Be nice if we could get some clarity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol