AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
re: AT&T Return Trade-In Thread.

Mailed it back last Wednesday... Delivered Monday... And...
Capture.JPG

Wonder how long from completion to the first credits showing on the bill :confused:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, that's what I am wondering as well. I sent mine back last month. This is the first bill since the new installment plan was started, so I am looking at $143. Should be $20 cheaper.

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Is it normal to say 0.00

Yes, I believe so. Me and a few others here and many on ATT Reddit are all seeing $0.00 with the same wrong model message. Some people did the trade in deal for the iphone in the past said that is absolutely normal as you are not getting any payment but instead will receiving billing credit. I believe in the fine print of the promo also said that the value will indicate $0.00 on the trade in. I also called ATT to confirm and they said that is complete normal. The only time you should be worry is when it said any other values between $1 and $59. Now we all just waiting for that bill credit to kick in.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Has your trade in status gone to "Trade completed and payment sent?" Or is it going to just stay at received and processed because now we have to wait to the "up to three billing cycles" before we start seeing the credits applied to our account?

Yes, I believe so. Me and a few others here and many on ATT Reddit are all seeing $0.00 with the same wrong model message. Some people did the trade in deal for the iphone in the past said that is absolutely normal as you are not getting any payment but instead will receiving billing credit. I believe in the fine print of the promo also said that the value will indicate $0.00 on the trade in. I also called ATT to confirm and they said that is complete normal. The only time you should be worry is when it said any other values between $1 and $59. Now we all just waiting for that bill credit to kick in.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Ive talked to AT&T office of the president and they verified everything is okay with my account and it's just waiting the 3 months for the credits to start even if it shows $60.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully you won't have to wait 3 months. My billing cycle starts on the 16th & just got my new bill and the credits were on there.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Hopefully you won't have to wait 3 months. My billing cycle starts on the 16th & just got my new bill and the credits were on there.

Do you remember when the site showed your trade-in device "received and processed?" Just curious how many days before your 16th billing cycle.

My billing cycle starts on the 3rd and they received my trade-in on the 16th... hopefully two weeks is long enough for them to get the credits starting next bill. :p

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Do you remember when the site showed your trade-in device "received and processed?" Just curious how many days before your 16th billing cycle.

My billing cycle starts on the 3rd and they received my trade-in on the 16th... hopefully two weeks is long enough for them to get the credits starting next bill. :p

I got my bill and the $15 extra for my 512GB version. Didn't even have to wait for 3 billing cycles. WOOWOO

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Just want to update you guys, got my bill today and received the credits. They credited back last month and also this month. I'm surprised it went this fast and smoothly

Screenshot_20200923-052620_Drive.jpg

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Guys, they got my phone today, my phone was in perfect condition. Gave me status tracker. Checked the status, and it says it was processed. Value adjusted, to $12, claiming it doesn't power on! WTF........

What can I do?? there is NO WAY I'm accepting that.

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Guys, they got my phone today, my phone was in perfect condition. Gave me status tracker. Checked the status, and it says it was processed. Value adjusted, to $12, claiming it doesn't power on! WTF........

What can I do?? there is NO WAY I'm accepting that.

Damn, I hope you recorded some video of your trade in phone's condition as well as it's functioning perfectly. I sure did when I sent in mine, even recorded the IMEI in the phone to be sure. You can try to call them and complain to see what they can do, but honestly I don't think they going to do anything... This is AT&T we're talking about and probably not the 1st time this issue happened.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site

I did the same where I recorded the phone going through the boot up before and and after I did the wipe.

But even with that, I suppose that they can still make the claim that while my video shows it booting fine before you shipped it, it isn't booting now and now is what they base their offer on.

I am not sure what you can do in that case. That would depend on the fine print as to whether or not you can get them to return your phone. If not perhaps you can demand they provide video proof to either you are the shipping company so that you can file an insurance claim with them. Standard insurance may only be $500, but even that is a far cry better than $12.

Best of luck to you and I hope that you can get something resolved with them. That's a tough situation and a difficult one to prove if they refuse to return it or provide proof that it won't boot.

Thor2j

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site

Just to give update. Pre-ordered 2 s20 ultras . Got the mail in return packaging for trade ins but didn't trust the packaging. Took them to corporate att store on Sept. 2. They were 2 iphone 7s. Got the credit on my bill yesterday. Was nervous the whole time, but it worked out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20