Note 20 Series SPen Tips no longer replaceable

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So, I just had a chat with Samsung support, and the reason they do not include SPen tips in the Note20 box, is because the new SPen apparently does not support changing tips. According to the support person, it is mentioned in the Samsung Support page about the SPen, but I could not find that info. If anyone is able to find it, I would appreciate the link.

I feel like that's another knock against Samsung with the Note line this year. Don't get me wrong, I do love my N20U, but again, for the prices we are paying, something like that should still be an option and included in the box. The price for a replacement PEN is $40! the tips would have been more accommodating.

I dunno, maybe I am just ranting at this point, but I just think it's odd of them to not mention this change with the SPen.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.49.44 AM.png

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would not say that I am an S-Pen Power User, but I use it quite often and I have never had to replace the tip on any of my Note's S-Pens... hrm...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I would not say that I am an S-Pen Power User, but I use it quite often and I have never had to replace the tip on any of my Note's S-Pens... hrm...
I have replaced times from time to time, but not always as I am not a heavy user either. I will say that if anyone uses a film protector, the SPen Tips gave you the option to have a smooth writing experience with the films if you change them out for the white tips. But now, that's not going to be an option for people according to Samsung.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Can't we just use the note 10 tips?

You would have to try it. But if they're saying that the N20 SPens don't support changing tips, then changing the tip may not work at all. I believe you can still use the Note10 SPen with the Note20s though.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I replaced a few times on my Note 9, the tip would wear down then start chipping away.

I wonder how long the 20 Ultra's pens are suppose to last, before dropping 40?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
So, I just had a chat with Samsung support, and the reason they do not include SPen tips in the Note20 box, is because the new SPen apparently does not support changing tips. View attachment 325192

It literally says you can on page 41 of the manual. It even shows the S-Pen removal tool they no longer include. I cant believe how cheap Samsung are being and how money hungry they are becoming, especially during a worldwide pandemic where so many people are hurting for income.
https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/...981U1_SM-N986U1_EN_UM_Q_10.0_080720_FINAL.pdf

Attachments

• s-pen.PNG
    s-pen.PNG
    39 KB · Views: 17

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It literally says you can on page 41 of the manual. It even shows the S-Pen removal tool they no longer include. I cant believe how cheap Samsung are being and how money hungry they are becoming, especially during a worldwide pandemic where so many people are hurting for income.
https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/...981U1_SM-N986U1_EN_UM_Q_10.0_080720_FINAL.pdf

Thank you! I'm going to contact them again. I dont see any mention that I no longer supports changing tips. Add this, and I should have tips coming to me. We all should. I'm going to contact support again.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Sold separately, yeah I bet they are!
Should ask Samsung for a part number and check the tips from the Note 10+ I might do that later:)

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The note 10 tips work fine on mine. I tested it the day after I got the phone. The tips appear identical. There's a thread where I posted some photos. I saw another thread in which another member posted similar photos as well. Sounds like they are just making bogus excuses.

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I try not to be an angry person but when Customer Reps give out false info it really bothers me.

I wish I could get a job that paid for lying to my clients.

'Sure you can deduct your new home purchase from you tax return! The IRS won't mind.'

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34