Buds Live are super nice!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Had a $150 Samsung credit and couldn't see anything else I wanted, so I got the Buds Live.

They sound really good, and it's nice to have the noise cancelation mode. They don't plug your ear canal, so you don't get that head cold plugged up feeling. The design is great, and they stay in nicely. The app is well designed, and setup was a breeze. Wireless charging and the ability to charge from the battery in the case is a nice touch.

carlitobahsoun

Jun 8, 2019
Visit site
Had a $150 Samsung credit and couldn't see anything else I wanted, so I got the Buds Live.

They sound really good, and it's nice to have the noise cancelation mode. They don't plug your ear canal, so you don't get that head cold plugged up feeling. The design is great, and they stay in nicely. The app is well designed, and setup was a breeze. Wireless charging and the ability to charge from the battery in the case is a nice touch.
did u compare noise canceling with any other buds u have?? or this is the first ??? iam talking on any other brand , sure this is the only one from samy with ANC

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
did u compare noise canceling with any other buds u have?? or this is the first ??? iam talking on any other brand , sure this is the only one from samy with ANC

I have tried with a couple other buds and to be honest, they are not great if you are looking for total isolation. You can watch pretty much any review vid or read articles that cover this.

However, when it comes to working at my desk and just needing to remove the distracting background noise and still be able to know things are going on around you, they are great for that. Due to the fact that they do not go into your ears, you can't expect total isolation, and if that is what you are expecting, you'll be disappointed.

Where I have found the ANC works the best is when I am at home working and my kiddo is in his room doing school stuff. He has to chat and participate and sometimes he can get a little loud. Turning on ANC does not remove the noise, but makes it where I can ignore it and it doesn't distract. However, if he needs to get my attention, he can still do so without having to shoulder tap me.

Background noises like the Fan or the AC kicking on are drowned out.

If you just understand that you will not get total isolation and you will get some background noises removed, you'll get used to them and learn to like, or at least, tolerate that you will not get total isolation.

I have a set of Kove over the ear headphones that I use when I need total isolation.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tried with a couple other buds and to be honest, they are not great if you are looking for total isolation. You can watch pretty much any review vid or read articles that cover this.

However, when it comes to working at my desk and just needing to remove the distracting background noise and still be able to know things are going on around you, they are great for that. Due to the fact that they do not go into your ears, you can't expect total isolation, and if that is what you are expecting, you'll be disappointed.

Where I have found the ANC works the best is when I am at home working and my kiddo is in his room doing school stuff. He has to chat and participate and sometimes he can get a little loud. Turning on ANC does not remove the noise, but makes it where I can ignore it and it doesn't distract. However, if he needs to get my attention, he can still do so without having to shoulder tap me.

Background noises like the Fan or the AC kicking on are drowned out.

If you just understand that you will not get total isolation and you will get some background noises removed, you'll get used to them and learn to like, or at least, tolerate that you will not get total isolation.

I have a set of Kove over the ear headphones that I use when I need total isolation.
That about sums it up. Last noise canceling headphones I had were over the ear Bose, but those were bulky and sweaty

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I am still trying to figure them out.... I think I am getting a lot of deep base distortion out of one of them. But only if they are both in. It's most noticeable on phone calls, a crackling that almost sounds like the woofer (or the micro equivalent) might be blown out. But it isn't on every song.. but most calls so far.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Mine just shipped today. I have small ears so hoping these fit ok. Can't wait to try

Dreng

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I used my credit on them too as there was nothing else I wanted. Mine shipped yesterday around 1PM from their warehouse that is 30 miles away. Sadly they moved about 5 miles the wrong way to a sort fwcility and have set there since. They have a delivery ETA of tomorrow by 8PM which is crazy to think FedEx could have delivered today but are making me wait the full 2 days.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I got a pair as an early Xmas and Birthday present. The in-ear galaxy buds was irritating my right ear and I was getting a lot of ear infections. These sit next to the canal and are super comfy. I like that they filter loud noises and the isolation works well for me too. They are a seriously good buy

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

Will be getting mine soon. Got them via the purchase promo with Rogers Wireless.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I used my credit on them too as there was nothing else I wanted. Mine shipped yesterday around 1PM from their warehouse that is 30 miles away. Sadly they moved about 5 miles the wrong way to a sort fwcility and have set there since. They have a delivery ETA of tomorrow by 8PM which is crazy to think FedEx could have delivered today but are making me wait the full 2 days.

That's actually pretty good. Mine shipped today from Texas and it's saying next Monday to get to Michigan!

Dreng

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
REALLY? Someone must be walking it there. :(

Its FedEx. I live 30 miles away from where they ship and they are taking nearly 3 days when it was sulpose to be 2 day shipping. I could have walked there, picked them up, and walked back before they would have delivered them

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Agreed. I have the AirPods Pro too, and compared them, and to me, the Samsung Buds Live have more bass, and midrange, the AirPods have more treble and sound a bit clearer. I like them both though! The AirPods have a much better (forget the name) filtering out ambient noises though.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Its FedEx. I live 30 miles away from where they ship and they are taking nearly 3 days when it was sulpose to be 2 day shipping. I could have walked there, picked them up, and walked back before they would have delivered them

Yeah, it's funny how sometimes I track shipments and they go from a warehouse within driving distance, flown to someplace far, to come back to a distribution center that is about a mile from the warehouse and then to me.

I never understand shipping logistics, even though I used to work for a logistics company (well, I was in IT there, but still).

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I have the AirPods Pro too, and compared them, and to me, the Samsung Buds Live have more bass, and midrange, the AirPods have more treble and sound a bit clearer. I like them both though! The AirPods have a much better (forget the name) filtering out ambient noises though.
I still can't get over this. People look so silly with them on
8f10b7906fbbf738e100067cdfe20a27.jpg

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine just shipped today. I have small ears so hoping these fit ok. Can't wait to try
Me too--Mine shipped today & I have small ears.

I've never been able to comfortably wear the in-ear bud style, or keep them from falling out, regardless of tips. I was really excited about these at the unboxing event.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87