11-06-2020 05:18 PM
180 123 ...
tools
    Had a $150 Samsung credit and couldn't see anything else I wanted, so I got the Buds Live.

They sound really good, and it's nice to have the noise cancelation mode. They don't plug your ear canal, so you don't get that head cold plugged up feeling. The design is great, and they stay in nicely. The app is well designed, and setup was a breeze. Wireless charging and the ability to charge from the battery in the case is a nice touch.
    08-27-2020 10:08 AM
    Waiting for the delivery of mine and I'm dead curious to try them
    08-27-2020 10:12 AM
    Had a $150 Samsung credit and couldn't see anything else I wanted, so I got the Buds Live.

They sound really good, and it's nice to have the noise cancelation mode. They don't plug your ear canal, so you don't get that head cold plugged up feeling. The design is great, and they stay in nicely. The app is well designed, and setup was a breeze. Wireless charging and the ability to charge from the battery in the case is a nice touch.
    did u compare noise canceling with any other buds u have?? or this is the first ??? iam talking on any other brand , sure this is the only one from samy with ANC
    08-27-2020 10:18 AM
    did u compare noise canceling with any other buds u have?? or this is the first ??? iam talking on any other brand , sure this is the only one from samy with ANC
    I have tried with a couple other buds and to be honest, they are not great if you are looking for total isolation. You can watch pretty much any review vid or read articles that cover this.

However, when it comes to working at my desk and just needing to remove the distracting background noise and still be able to know things are going on around you, they are great for that. Due to the fact that they do not go into your ears, you can't expect total isolation, and if that is what you are expecting, you'll be disappointed.

Where I have found the ANC works the best is when I am at home working and my kiddo is in his room doing school stuff. He has to chat and participate and sometimes he can get a little loud. Turning on ANC does not remove the noise, but makes it where I can ignore it and it doesn't distract. However, if he needs to get my attention, he can still do so without having to shoulder tap me.

Background noises like the Fan or the AC kicking on are drowned out.

If you just understand that you will not get total isolation and you will get some background noises removed, you'll get used to them and learn to like, or at least, tolerate that you will not get total isolation.

I have a set of Kove over the ear headphones that I use when I need total isolation.
    08-27-2020 10:27 AM
    I have tried with a couple other buds and to be honest, they are not great if you are looking for total isolation. You can watch pretty much any review vid or read articles that cover this.

However, when it comes to working at my desk and just needing to remove the distracting background noise and still be able to know things are going on around you, they are great for that. Due to the fact that they do not go into your ears, you can't expect total isolation, and if that is what you are expecting, you'll be disappointed.

Where I have found the ANC works the best is when I am at home working and my kiddo is in his room doing school stuff. He has to chat and participate and sometimes he can get a little loud. Turning on ANC does not remove the noise, but makes it where I can ignore it and it doesn't distract. However, if he needs to get my attention, he can still do so without having to shoulder tap me.

Background noises like the Fan or the AC kicking on are drowned out.

If you just understand that you will not get total isolation and you will get some background noises removed, you'll get used to them and learn to like, or at least, tolerate that you will not get total isolation.

I have a set of Kove over the ear headphones that I use when I need total isolation.
    That about sums it up. Last noise canceling headphones I had were over the ear Bose, but those were bulky and sweaty
    Talderon likes this.
    08-27-2020 11:47 AM
    I don't know, I am still trying to figure them out.... I think I am getting a lot of deep base distortion out of one of them. But only if they are both in. It's most noticeable on phone calls, a crackling that almost sounds like the woofer (or the micro equivalent) might be blown out. But it isn't on every song.. but most calls so far.
    08-27-2020 11:56 AM

Mine just shipped today. I have small ears so hoping these fit ok. Can't wait to try
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    08-27-2020 12:28 PM
    I used my credit on them too as there was nothing else I wanted. Mine shipped yesterday around 1PM from their warehouse that is 30 miles away. Sadly they moved about 5 miles the wrong way to a sort fwcility and have set there since. They have a delivery ETA of tomorrow by 8PM which is crazy to think FedEx could have delivered today but are making me wait the full 2 days.
    08-27-2020 12:46 PM
    I got a pair as an early Xmas and Birthday present. The in-ear galaxy buds was irritating my right ear and I was getting a lot of ear infections. These sit next to the canal and are super comfy. I like that they filter loud noises and the isolation works well for me too. They are a seriously good buy
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    08-27-2020 12:53 PM

Will be getting mine soon. Got them via the purchase promo with Rogers Wireless.
    08-27-2020 01:38 PM
    I used my credit on them too as there was nothing else I wanted. Mine shipped yesterday around 1PM from their warehouse that is 30 miles away. Sadly they moved about 5 miles the wrong way to a sort fwcility and have set there since. They have a delivery ETA of tomorrow by 8PM which is crazy to think FedEx could have delivered today but are making me wait the full 2 days.
    That's actually pretty good. Mine shipped today from Texas and it's saying next Monday to get to Michigan!
    08-27-2020 01:52 PM
    That's actually pretty good. Mine shipped today from Texas and it's saying next Monday to get to Michigan!
    REALLY? Someone must be walking it there.
    08-27-2020 01:58 PM
    REALLY? Someone must be walking it there.
    Its FedEx. I live 30 miles away from where they ship and they are taking nearly 3 days when it was sulpose to be 2 day shipping. I could have walked there, picked them up, and walked back before they would have delivered them
    08-27-2020 02:05 PM
    Agreed. I have the AirPods Pro too, and compared them, and to me, the Samsung Buds Live have more bass, and midrange, the AirPods have more treble and sound a bit clearer. I like them both though! The AirPods have a much better (forget the name) filtering out ambient noises though.
    08-27-2020 02:10 PM
    Its FedEx. I live 30 miles away from where they ship and they are taking nearly 3 days when it was sulpose to be 2 day shipping. I could have walked there, picked them up, and walked back before they would have delivered them
    Yeah, it's funny how sometimes I track shipments and they go from a warehouse within driving distance, flown to someplace far, to come back to a distribution center that is about a mile from the warehouse and then to me.

I never understand shipping logistics, even though I used to work for a logistics company (well, I was in IT there, but still).
    08-27-2020 02:11 PM
    Took a while to get used to them but love mine now
    Misterb likes this.
    08-27-2020 03:08 PM
    Agreed. I have the AirPods Pro too, and compared them, and to me, the Samsung Buds Live have more bass, and midrange, the AirPods have more treble and sound a bit clearer. I like them both though! The AirPods have a much better (forget the name) filtering out ambient noises though.
    I still can't get over this. People look so silly with them on
    NIZMOZ44 likes this.
    08-27-2020 04:32 PM
    I've noticed a lot of people fox news interview wear them at home on the conference session.
    08-27-2020 05:02 PM
    I've noticed a lot of people fox news interview wear them at home on the conference session.
    I know. Looks stupid
    08-27-2020 05:25 PM
    Mine just shipped today. I have small ears so hoping these fit ok. Can't wait to try
    Me too--Mine shipped today & I have small ears.

I've never been able to comfortably wear the in-ear bud style, or keep them from falling out, regardless of tips. I was really excited about these at the unboxing event.
    08-27-2020 06:01 PM
    I got a pair as an early Xmas and Birthday present. The in-ear galaxy buds was irritating my right ear and I was getting a lot of ear infections. These sit next to the canal and are super comfy. I like that they filter loud noises and the isolation works well for me too. They are a seriously good buy
    So you've been happy with these in the week that you've been using them? Any issues with them falling out?
    08-27-2020 06:03 PM
    So you've been happy with these in the week that you've been using them? Any issues with them falling out?
    As I have never worn buds before (apart from the wired ones that come with the phone) it took some getting used to to start with, then it just felt natural, speaker end in then twist the top anti clockwise, I can't shake them out no matter what I do, must be a good fit but I appreciate not everyone will be the same. I'm using mine as much on the PC as on my Note to be honest, very pleased with them.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    08-27-2020 06:52 PM
    I've been using Jabra 65t's for the last year and thought they were comfortable but the Buds Live exceed that comfort. One did fall out while I was sleeping last night, but during normal daily activity I have no concern about them falling out. I almost forget that they're in place they're so comfortable. I can't discern much difference in sound between the Jabras and the Buds Live. The one big advantage of the Buds is that I can wear the left independently of the right.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    08-27-2020 06:59 PM
    I registered with my name.
    Bought 2 Samsung Note 20 Ultras.

Was gonna use the credit under my name.

What did Samsung do..
    They separated the orders.
    Gave me one order, gave my wife the.other.

Not right for Samsung to do that.

Now that we had to order seperately..

We lost our other credits.
    They had no gold Samsung ear buds.
    Imagine that.
    Order white, I'd rather not ever have any as to have white.

We both had to order Black.

Why , because my wired Samsung earbuds wouldn't work in my Note 20 Ultra phone.

We haven't even taken the ear buds out of the box like them so much.

Nothing like dealing with a company to make decisions for you.
    I was gonna save the credits together in case my tv went out.

But a Big company over ride my rights.

Try to call Samsung tech support.
    You will be on the phone all day.
    They must be having a lot of problems.

I hope they keep having problems.
    08-27-2020 07:04 PM
    Love my beans. I have the buds + and the beans are definitley louder, bass has more punch, and very very comfortable in my ears. It doesn't pop out like the buds +. I am so glad I got them.
    08-27-2020 07:42 PM
180 123 ...