Samsung factory screen protectors ?

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to buy the Samsung factory screen protectors ?

Or anyone know of something close to identical by another company ?

I have typically never used screen protectors, just a minimalist case. I'm not rough on my phones and they remain pristine for years.

When I got my N10+ it had the Samsung factory screen protector right out of the box. I loved it, you barely notice it was on the phone. Being so thin when using your phone it gives you the feeling of not having a screen protector on while still offering enough protection for my needs.

I've read the 20Ultra only certain regions have the factory screen protectors applied to them. I was curious if you could buy the Samsung screen protectors or if someone knew of something identical. Here in the US I don't think my 20 will have the Samsung protector on it like my 10+ did.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
My 20 Ultra did not ship with the screen protector on it. I was disappointed, because like you, I liked the one on the N10+, though I did find that changing cases did make it eventually start to pull up and I removed it. I had heard that Samsungs decision to not include it was due to the Gorilla Glass Victus being more durable and scratch-resistant. But I am not sure if that is the only reason.

I am not aware of anything identical. I looked on Samsungs site for a replacement one for my Note 10+ after I removed it, but even the ones Samsung sells as "replacements" aren't the same as the factory-installed ones. They are just the standard vinyl film type.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
There are tons of screen protectors on amazon that are similar to the factory ones. Look in the accessories sticky there are screen protectors in there with feedback.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
This is the first time I've decided to keep the factory screen protector on, usually I swap it for the WSD straight away but I like the factory one.

Anyone any idea how long the factory one usually lasts?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the first time I've decided to keep the factory screen protector on, usually I swap it for the WSD straight away but I like the factory one.

Mine on the 10+ was in perfect condition when I traded it in.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
There is definitely a factory installed screen protector on my Sprint version of the Note 20 Ultra 128 gig. I can feel the ridge around the entire screen about 1mm from the frame. It's difficult to see but I can absolutely feel it, it is exactly like my Note 10+. I don't know if I can get it to be visible in a photo, but I'll try before I send my Note 10+ back to Sprint.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

The factory one on my Note 10+ lasted a year before it started getting a haze on it from use. It never peeled or curled on the edges, it just wasn't as clear as it was when I got it last August. I hope this one lasts as long, it's been great for a film screen protector on the Note 10+, I wish I could find a similar one just in case something happens to the one on the Note 20 Ultra.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Cheers good to know it will last, I take good care of my phone's if it would last a year that be fantastic.

If I bought another one I'd never be able to install it as good as the factory one, and I like that this one works well with the fingerprint scanner, the WSD can be touch and go.

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site

I got my 10+ last September and the screen protector is still on my phone looking good. I think there was a protector on the back as well and I took that one off. But the one on front screen I left on, I've changed cases quite a few times also. There are a few tiny areas on mine that there is very slight peeling but yo can't barely tell.

As popular as the factory screen protectors seem to have been with everyone, I wish Samsung would have included them on every unit shipped. Especially with the 20s not coming with some of the accessories Notes in previous years came with, but they still raised the price of the phone. I don't care much if they stopped including earbuds, I can see why others might be upset though but the screen protector would be great to have.