How good is Samsung Internet?

BadingaG59

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, so since I've been using samsung phones since past 5 years and now on the Note 20 Ultra ,I have never really used samsung internet app but recently I see a lot of talk and hype about it ,what is your opinion on it and how often do you use it, I personally use the Google app as my main browser but if the switch is worth it I'm more than willing to use Samsung Internet .

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

Samsung internet has ad blocker add on so that's a plus and layout i like but do use both chrome and samsung

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's good but I like chrome because it's on all my devices and works well cross platform. You can make Samsung internet work installing some extension on the Mac/PC but still not a great solution and also not on iOS. As I always say for me, cross platform is the main thing and none of Samsung things are appealing without working everywhere like Google and Microsoft stuff. But once in a while I use Samsung internet, I keep default as chrome. Chrome was horrible in terms of performance on phones few years back or probably even more recent, but that's not been an issue as of today on latest phones.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Samsung Internet on all my Android phones. I hate Chrome though. I don't use it period. Not on desktop or mobile.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used Samsung Internet for several years now with no regrets. I disable Chrome on my phone's too. I still use & love Chrome on PC & I primarily use a Chromebook. I just install the Samsung Internet extension & all my Chrome bookmarks are on my phone, & all my Samsung Internet bookmarks are on my computer.

AC did an opinion article earlier in the year. Might help you out in your decision.

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-internet-actually-better-android-browser-chrome

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My preference is Samsung Internet as it does what I need it to.

I disable Google Chrome on my phone's as it's been in my case a resource hog in the past.

Stay Safe.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I always use Samsung Internet, have done for a while now, ad blocking and lots of other settings can be tweaked.

Last edited:

mib1800

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
First thing I do is to disable chrome which runs in the background a lot and suck battery life.

Samsung can add ad-blockers including YT ads

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm also a fan of Samsung Browser, I like the ad blockers & I never have any issues with the browser itself.

I usually disable Chrome, but on my unlocked N20 Ultra after disabling, it just reappears.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Samsung Internet as the default browser on my Samsung phone and tablet. It works well, is not a resource hog and has inbuilt ad-blocker.

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Started using Samsung internet earlier this year, not sure why I wanted to get away from chrome. It's been good so far, and the ad blocker is a plus 👍

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so since I've been using samsung phones sincd past 5 years and now on the Note 20 Ultra ,I have never really used samsung internet app but recently I see a lot of talk and hype about it ,what is your opinion on it and how often do you use it, I personally use the Google app as my main browser but if the switch is worth it I'm more than willing to use Samsung Internet .

Remember how everyone made fun of Microsofts Internet Explorer for being slow? Well that's how I feel about Google Chrome when compared to Samsungs browser. Samsungs browser walks all over Chrome performance wise, consumes less battery, matches with the phones theme because it's a stock Samsung app, and allows ad blockers. I've used Samsungs browser for over 5 years.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've never been able to find is an "Import Bookmarks" function - I have a TON of common bookmarks in Chrome, Edge and Firefox that I'd love to get into the Samsung Browser! All that's in there now is common shared stuff from my wife's Tablet that I setup when we we started camping! It seems to have synced to that! ???

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I choose Samsung stock browser over all of them there is nothing at all wrong with it at all it is just smooth and works. It also is the best at ad blocking.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
On your Chrome Browser on desktop computer, install the Samsung Internet extension for your browser. I believe you can sync your Samsung internet bookmarks in chrome and export bookmarks to Samsung browser through Samsung cloud account.

I installed the extension when I had my Note 8 but haven’t used it much.

Did someone say Samsung Cloud going away so not sure if this still works?

One thing I've never been able to find is an "Import Bookmarks" function - I have a TON of common bookmarks in Chrome, Edge and Firefox that I'd love to get into the Samsung Browser! All that's in there now is common shared stuff from my wife's Tablet that I setup when we we started camping! It seems to have synced to that! ???

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
On your Chrome Browser on desktop computer, install the Samsung Internet extension for your browser. I believe you can sync your Samsung internet bookmarks in chrome and export bookmarks to Samsung browser through Samsung cloud account.

I installed the extension when I had my Note 8 but haven’t used it much.

Did someone say Samsung Cloud going away so not sure if this still works?

Hi Don - nice to hear from you! There is a thread that says "Going away" but not sure if it's "Gone" yet? I'll try it and see - thank you!!!

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't think I've ever really used it. I check it out each time I get a new phone but that's about it. Chrome makes so much more sense since works seamlessly with their desktop browser. I just keep it hidden on my phone. Would have to be incredible feature rich to pull me away from Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol