How do you protect your Note?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use both a case and screen protector on my note plus I get insurance from Upsie. Anyone go naked? As many times as I have dropped my devices only once have I used the insurance the protection I use always worked.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a case, insurance, or screen protector (aside from the one pre-installed on the N10+). I have never broken a phone or ended up with a scratched screen (though I have gotten a few micro-scratches on the rear glass). Sure, I know it'll probably happen eventually. But by then, I will already have saved far more than the cost of a new phone (let alone the cost of a repair) simply by forgoing years of extra expense for protection. So I'll end up spending less money for the same benefits.

But that strategy only works for me because I am able to avoid dropping my phone (on average, I do so less than once a year, despite heavy indoor and outdoor use). If I couldn't manage that degree of safety, I would either put up with the additional cost of protection, or else settle for a less expensive phone.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Naked or with the Humixx slim/minimal case, it's the only one of the 3 cases I got that doesn't feel like adding any bulk to the phone.
I haven't tried a screen protector yet but got a few of them just to have in case I decide I need one.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I use both a case and screen protector on my note plus I get insurance from Upsie. Anyone go naked? As many times as I have dropped my devices only once have I used the insurance the protection I use always worked.

Otterbox Defender Pro.

No screen protector. Keep the phone out of the pocket with other objects, never get scratches.

SquareTrade plan for $8.99/month with $149 deduct.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a supcase beetle exo case , a regular film protector, and I just use the Asurion insurance from att. I think it's like $9 or $10 a month.

As clumsy as I am I've never had to use the insurance to fix a cracked screen on any of my ohoned. If I did have to use the insurance my issues were normally software related.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My worst accident was my iPhone fell out of my top pocket into a septic tank but thank God for the scum line it never went thru to the water.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Regardless if have no case or with cases. I always take good care of my phone. And I don't spend extra money to protect it since having these are expensive as it is. ;(

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Insurance (AT&T umbrella policy), case, and screen protector always. I've never needed to use the insurance but I like knowing it's there since I have multiple phones.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Case and that's it. If it breaks for whatever reason I'll get it repaired instead of paying insurance/deductible or whatever. Never used insurance and never had any phones accidentally break before. All the money I have not paid for mobile insurance over the last decade can over many phone breakage for me. Moreover I keep my phone for 6-12 months the longest and never needed any insurance on top.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I put a condom around my Note 20 Ultra, great protection!

Lol, I have the factory fitted screen protector and the official Samsung standing protective cover(rugged)
Oh and adequate house insurance :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance