Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
If you want to impress me do it with your eyes close
Classic
c6f7970c4b4b30f55f27d609db48a3fa.jpg

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Usually when I do those I always end up picking iPhone the most, but it came in last place. Note 20 Ultra came out on top with 12, then Pixel 4a with 5, and the 11 Pro only got 3.

Same, prefer iPhone photos the majority of the time in prior comparisons but I ended up with that order as well. I always buy a Note and haven't owned an iPhone for a variety of reasons, but the camera is the one thing that gives me slight pause each year so I'm happy to see the improvements. The new iPhone may change this again but that's typical with the release schedule between the two brands.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Same, prefer iPhone photos the majority of the time in prior comparisons but I ended up with that order as well. I always buy a Note and haven't owned an iPhone for a variety of reasons, but the camera is the one thing that gives me slight pause each year so I'm happy to see the improvements. The new iPhone may change this again but that's typical with the release schedule between the two brands.

The Note 10+ last year was the first time I consistently picked a phone other than iPhone in blind tests I did. I'm glad Samsung has done some work the past couple years with their photos. I honestly think I personally prefer the camera on my Note 10+ over the one on my Ultra. I mean the zoom stuff on the Ultra is cool, but the things I actually photograph the most day to day, the pics are better from the Note 10+ I had.

Funny thing is, people always pick Pixels at the top, and I know it was just kinda thrown in on this particular test as a budget option, but I've never really like Pixel photos. I've always thought they looked weird to me. The shadows have always been really harsh to me for some reason, and they just look off.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The Note 10+ last year was the first time I consistently picked a phone other than iPhone in blind tests I did. I'm glad Samsung has done some work the past couple years with their photos. I honestly think I personally prefer the camera on my Note 10+ over the one on my Ultra. I mean the zoom stuff on the Ultra is cool, but the things I actually photograph the most day to day, the pics are better from the Note 10+ I had.

Funny thing is, people always pick Pixels at the top, and I know it was just kinda thrown in on this particular test as a budget option, but I've never really like Pixel photos. I've always thought they looked weird to me. The shadows have always been really harsh to me for some reason, and they just look off.

I've never cared for the Pixel look either, images look over processed and some colors and shadows look weird. Their night mode and portraits look fake and over processed.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would’ve waited until the end to say which phone was which. Like just do A B C Talley it up then give the names.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
The Pixel definitely was my fave in the last photo and a couple of others. Clearly not the overall winner, but it impresses for a phone that costs about 1/3 as much as the other two.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Cameras on phones have come a long way with apple having the best in the past. That is no longer true most reviewers are also saying the same thing. Even the pixel doesn't always take the best shots anymore. I use a regular SLR camera to take printable shots they always come out much better.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The problem with the comparison is you don't get to see the actual subject in person. I remember comparing photos (some years ago) between my BlackBerry phone and my mom's iPhone. We took photos of the same subject. My mom thought her photos looked better, until she noticed her colors were off and the BB was more accurate. We did more testing and comparing to actual subject and she wound up liking my photos better because they were consistently more accurate. Someone else might care more about how pleasing to the eye it looks and less about accuracy though.

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The fact that most of what they didn't like about the pixels pictures were things that you can correct in lightroom, like white balance, HDR, etc.., is impressive. True you can fix any of the other phones pictures in lightroom as well but it's the fact that the Pixel is a $350 budget phone and it's hanging with a $1300 flagship. While you might not be able to get large prints from it, it'll be more than enough if you're just looking to post on social media.

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
The fact that most of what they didn't like about the pixels pictures were things that you can correct in lightroom, like white balance, HDR, etc.., is impressive. True you can fix any of the other phones pictures in lightroom as well but it's the fact that the Pixel is a $350 budget phone and it's hanging with a $1300 flagship. While you might not be able to get large prints from it, it'll be more than enough if you're just looking to post on social media.

True if all you want is a camera. Apparently the battery is really poor though?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing much improvement on the photos from the 10+. At first I didn't see much but after taking several hundred photos there is a high improvement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21