Keyboards... Samsung or GBoard or other?

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been using the default Samsung keyboard for... well... ever... as long as I can remember. I have noticed that on my Note 9, I was okay... Not 10+, so-so, Note 20 Ultra... I can't type to save my life... DUH! Try another keyboard!!

So... I downloaded GBoard (Google Keyboard) and messed with the settings for a min and POOF... typing like a pro...

Now, I'm 6'5" tall and have big hands. Sausage Thumbs. :D

Anyone else use a differed KB (even if different from the 2 here) that they like?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey.

Right now I am going with the flow with the Samsung keyboard only a couple weeks into it. But I'll probably switch back to Swiftkey.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
There are just some things that my brain is so used to that the BlackBerry keyboard can do and others can't so I always download it first thing on every phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I tend to like Samsung's keyboard. I know many people hate it. It does do some weird stuff like only autocorrecting contractions sometimes, but it will others. I haven't installed any others on my Ultra yet. I'm pretty sure gboard is preinstalled so I may try it out at some point.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I tend to like Samsung's keyboard. I know many people hate it. It does do some weird stuff like only autocorrecting contractions sometimes, but it will others. I haven't installed any others on my Ultra yet. I'm pretty sure gboard is preinstalled so I may try it out at some point.

Either it's not installed by default, or I uninstalled it, because I had to install it.

So far, I am liking GBoard as it seems to be more accurate with my sausage thumbs.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Samsung keyboard on my Note 9

I use Chrooma on my LG V40. It's based on Google keyboard API. I like the color changes in one of themes

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Either it's not installed by default, or I uninstalled it, because I had to install it.

So far, I am liking GBoard as it seems to be more accurate with my sausage thumbs.

Ah, ok. It's possible it's on mine by default because it's the T-Mobile version, or it could have transferred over from my Note 10+. I thought I deleted it off my 10+ though. Not sure.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah, ok. It's possible it's on mine by default because it's the T-Mobile version, or it could have transferred over from my Note 10+. I thought I deleted it off my 10+ though. Not sure.

I just may have uninstalled it when I was going through de-bloating the phone too.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Gboard since I prefer the Google apps over Samsung and moreover Gboard does work the best for me compared to Samsung or Swiftkey.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
At least on the US unlocked model it doesn't come pre installed. You will have to install Gboard separately from play store.
It comes pre installed with Samsung and Microsoft Swiftkey keyboard. Given that it's a Samsung phone it could totally depend on which firmware it is and it could be different based on which carrier/unlocked etc.

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I am coming from BlackBerry physical keyboard and it is always hard to me to type on glass.
I have used blackberry digital keyboard, Gboard and Microsoft swift key.
I find the one of Microsoft best for my needs, very accurate, you can resize it and the gesture to delete by swippiing left is very useful.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I can use whatever. I just prefer to not have the tiny space bar with the period next to it. I end up with periods between words rather than spaces.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I use gboard mainly, but my goal is to try to give the Samsung one a try again. Although the Samsung keyboard has gotten better over time, the text prediction is still a little sucky.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying out the Samsung keyboard now. It seems snappier. I'm going to see how long I last before I switch back. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon