Does Dex work with chromecast?

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My firetv for some reason removed mirror casting, and I really want to take advantage of my note 20 ultra's Dex. Can I use Dex with chromecast?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Any other way to use Dex?

Plug it in with a cable.
I'm not sure which Miracast dongle will work for wireless Dex if your TV doesn't, I'll be looking into it though as I am getting the NexDock Touch this month (hopefully) and it would be cool to make it wireless

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Any other solutions? That's kind of pricey just for DeX

There a link on that page that says they're is a better model that is $40. Perhaps that's more palatable?

Edit: checked Best buy and they have it for the same price. I also have a $15 reward that I didn't know what to do with (most things I wanted were almost $15 cheaper on Amazon anyways), so I just ordered one. 🤓

Last edited:

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Never mind found my answer:

A second potential issue is that Wireless DeX is literally a remote display only. Because there’s no hub in the middle—or, in the case of the DeX for Windows, no Windows PC in the middle—you can’t take advantage of an attached keyboard or mouse and use the desktop interactively as you would with a Chromebook, Mac, or Windows PC. That said, you can of course still connect to a Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse to your phone and go completely wirelessly.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So, bought the wireless display adapter v2 today..... It's OK so far, just disappointed there seems to be input lag :( and I'm pretty close to my TV. Are there any tips or tricks to minimize that? Maybe settings wise?

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
To update: I bought a wireless keyboard/mouse combo (with the USB adapter) and it works. ONLY thing is, I had to plug the USB in the adapter that came with my phone (S10e) and plug it into my charging port, so I use my wireless charger to do it. The only thing I'm nervous about is that the screen NEVER cuts off, so I'm worried about my phone possibly running hot after heavy use of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC