Moving Camera Subjects

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Greetings All. I am a Note 9 owner who does a lot of mobile photography who had some questions about the Note 20 Ultra's camera capabilities. One of the hallmarks of Samsung cameras has been the blurring of photos taken of moving subjects (kids, pets, etc.). I was wondering if this remains an issue with the N20U? Also, has the tendency to smooth over facial features been improved? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If you do a lot of mobile photography you may want to learn how to shoot in pro mode because you have control over shutter speed and whether the image is blurry or not. I haven't had an issue with blurry photos on my Note 5/S7/Note 8/Note 9.

The primary cause of the blur is too slow of a shutter speed for the motion portrayed in the image. By default Samsungs software goes with a lower ISO and longer shutter speed. I don't have the N20 but I doubt that has changed based on comments about the camera.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I have note 10+ and I always use pro mode when taking kids photos while they are playing. It does pretty good job.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been happy with indoor shots of my dog in motion on my Note 20 Ultra. Still a lot of blur just like my Note 9. Haven't played with the Pro mode yet on the Ultra