Found a decent screen protector

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience with this screen protector. I'm not a fan of glass protectors, I prefer the film ones to protect from micro scratches. That being said, I have not been able to find one thats easy to install and doesn't come up on the sides with a case, until now. Looks good, no bubbles, & so far has stayed down in the sides. Just wanted to share with yall.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJW8X4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6853231

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience with this screen protector. I'm not a fan of glass protectors, I prefer the film ones to protect from micro scratches. That being said, I have not been able to find one thats easy to install and doesn't come up on the sides with a case, until now. Looks good, no bubbles, & so far has stayed down in the sides. Just wanted to share with yall.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJW8X4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6853365
I have used those before they are nice I have them for my iPhone 11.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I just ordered this same screen protector a couple of days ago. I arrived today but I forgot to swing by my mailbox. I look forward to picking it up tomorrow and installing it. The protector I have on my phone now is pretty bad.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Some of the LK cases comes with a couple of those screen protectors included, I got a slim case for under a fiver and there was two of those protectors in it.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the LK screen protector for a week now. My Note is in a UB Pro case. All is well. Fingerprint reader never missed a beat and the Spen hasn't left any marks....yet. The installation procedure was interesting, rather fun. Glad they had detailed instructions.
:)

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the LK screen protector for a week now. My Note is in a UB Pro case. All is well. Fingerprint reader never missed a beat and the Spen hasn't left any marks....yet. The installation procedure was interesting, rather fun. Glad they had detailed instructions.
:)

Yeah, no issues with my Otterbox Commuter either. The install was the best part....easy and no bubbles.

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Been using this exact protector for a couple weeks now. Went on super easy and plays well with my Spigen NeoHybrid case. Finger print sensor works just fine as long as I do my part.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Heard good things about the LK I ordered it and have it waiting when I get home from business trip. I figured I'll give it a try next time because I like the idea of a dry install. Right now rocking the Neo Ultra Flex and really happy with it too and would recommend... it's just a wet install but i've done it enough times where it's pretty easy... just wet.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Heard good things about the LK I ordered it and have it waiting when I get home from business trip. I figured I'll give it a try next time because I like the idea of a dry install. Right now rocking the Neo Ultra Flex and really happy with it too and would recommend... it's just a wet install but i've done it enough times where it's pretty easy... just wet.

Is the Neo Flex the Spigen one?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Is the Neo Flex the Spigen one?

Yeah, the Neo Flex. Sorry, can't keep track of naming they use Ultra in their naming as much as Samsung does.

I am curious though on the LK... its TPU like Spigen so wondering if it has even the slightest bit of orange peel. The Spigen does... but after about 2 weeks to cure on my phone, it's crystal clear and only noticeable if you look for it at angle. Someone told me the LK is glass quality clear??

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The LK protector is the dry install one, so no orange peel. If you will look in at angle, you may see some barely noticeable post installation marks, like the line on the middle, where two parts of the backing tape were separated. It feels very smooth. Also the small scratches, like from using the pen, disappear within few hours.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The LK protector is the dry install one, so no orange peel. If you will look in at angle, you may see some barely noticeable post installation marks, like the line on the middle, where two parts of the backing tape were separated. It feels very smooth. Also the small scratches, like from using the pen, disappear within few hours.

Cool, thanks for the info.

What I am really impressed and relieve with either one of these products... the FPS (speaking for the Spigen experience) has worked flawlessly. I think when I do have misses, that I probably would have had it even without the protector because I'm fumbling with pressing my finger at times.

It really makes me wonder even though not the second gen FPS if they made some tweak to the first gen hardware or a major update in software to have it work so good even with a TPU protector. :confused:

I mean hanging at the forums with previous Sammy's with under glass FPS, it sounded like unless you used the Whitestone or factory protector that you'd be hard pressed to find a protector that would work. But with only two weeks with this phone I can already say, my Note 8 FPS has never been as good as this one so far.

Someone just needs to come out with a glass one with full adhesive to give us an alternative to Whitestone.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just found a real good video to show how well the plastic ones work... man nice the ones that come with a guide to install like the first and third one. The glass ones with non liquid adhesive look like junk where the last one is a potential Whitestone alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3cL0rK-yrU

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
For the most part I prefer plastic ones to glass. I hate how I can feel and see the edges of glass ones even though they are a nicer feel on the actual screen. I only used plastic ones on my 10+, and have a "hybrid glass" one on my 20 Ultra. I've never even tried a glass one on a phone I've had with a curved screen. Just stuck with the film protectors.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For the most part I prefer plastic ones to glass. I hate how I can feel and see the edges of glass ones even though they are a nicer feel on the actual screen. I only used plastic ones on my 10+, and have a "hybrid glass" one on my 20 Ultra. I've never even tried a glass one on a phone I've had with a curved screen. Just stuck with the film protectors.

I agree with you - glass + curved screens = trouble (for me, anyway).

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you - glass + curved screens = trouble (for me, anyway).

And I'm so quick at installing film protectors. Especially the wet installs. Maybe because I've been installing clear skins on the back of my phones for so many years, but it feels so fast and easy to install a film protector.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
And I'm so quick at installing film protectors. Especially the wet installs. Maybe because I've been installing clear skins on the back of my phones for so many years, but it feels so fast and easy to install a film protector.

Yup, gotta be some muscle memory in there. I just installed my first wet plastic film protector, and I'm loving it so far! It's been on for a good two to three weeks, I believe. :)

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I just finished installing the LK screen protector. I like it. The video was useful and I was able to get a nice install. I do use a Ghostek case with it and I also have a camera protector. So now I feel like the phone is totally protected. Thanks!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup, gotta be some muscle memory in there. I just installed my first wet plastic film protector, and I'm loving it so far! It's been on for a good two to three weeks, I believe. :)

Which wet install did you go with?? Discovered something nice for me with the Spigen protector... I hadn't used the sPen since I got it because I wanted the protector to "cure" a bit before I decided to use the pen. Because with my Note 8, I found that when I install the protector that when I use the pen, I get impressions on it and it pretty much never goes away and you can see it if you look for it at angle.

Well about two weeks past and visiting my daughter at college for weekend I let her play with my phone and she decides to pull out the pen and doodle :eek:. I'm kinda wishing she wouldn't but I'm not gonna say no to my daughter :) ... and it is used for writing just watched her have fun. But afterwards... no impressions!

I did notice after a couple of weeks of "curing" the protector is really smooth and feels like a hard shell... doesn't have a hint of that rubbery feel or resistance when you run your fingers along the screen... a more "almost glass" feel. Did a little more lite writing and no impressions. Maybe Spigen is using a newer film compound from the ones I used on the Note 8? In glass FPS works great with it on.

I did just get my order of LK screens and may try those next time i need to replace screen but with the extra Spigen gives me I should be good on protectors for the next 3 years lol.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the Zagg GlassFusion+ Hybrid Glass screen protector. They had them in stock at my local T-mobile store, so I had the customer rep install it for me. No bubbles and case friendly. Does not impair the fingerprint sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz