Anyone come from iOS

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone came over from iOS and has been on Android for a while. Not looking for traditional phone jumpers who switch phones every month. How are you enjoying the N20U?

Last edited:

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I was an IOS user since the iPhone debuted in 2007 through last year when I purchased my first Android phone with the Note 10+. I have to admit that at first, I was sure that I made a mistake and thought about returning it and buying another iPhone, but the more I got used to it and the more I figured out the differences and the nuances, the more I enjoyed the Note 10+. After a year of ownership, I enjoyed the Note 10+ so much I didn't hesitate to trade in the Note 10+ for a Note 20 Ultra.

But your own experience might be tied to how entrenched you are in the Apple Ecosystem. I was already working on breaking free from it when I decided to give the Note 10+ a try.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I bit the bullet today and picked up the Note 20 ultra on a spare line so I didn’t have to give up my iPhone, yet. I downloaded all of my apps that I use on to the Note, and texted my girlfriend the new number. Basically gonna use the Note like I would my iPhone. I’ll surf all my social media, forums, pictures and text my girlfriend from, there. I text her the most so it’ll give me the best feel of how I’ll like it.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I bit the bullet today and picked up the Note 20 ultra on a spare line so I didn’t have to give up my iPhone, yet. I downloaded all of my apps that I use on to the Note, and texted my girlfriend the new number. Basically gonna use the Note like I would my iPhone. I’ll surf all my social media, forums, pictures and text my girlfriend from, there. I text her the most so it’ll give me the best feel of how I’ll like it.

So long as you don't get caught up in the imessage thing, you should see that it has much more freedom and power. Most powerful device out there in my opinion as far as the things it lets you do.

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I stick to iOS for basic stuff. Text, calls, email, facetime. Everything else, S20. I feel that the face unlock is better on iOS, unlocking accounts, unlocking phone in the dark (without shining bright light when one just woke up).

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Use both. But only as I am forced to with work. .

Similar to being exposed to most of the computer OS's - I wouldn't use most of them by choice.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I about threw my note across the room this morning at 5am!! Set the alarm for 5am, it goes off..... BAM a tip on how to use the dismiss and snooze feature!!! Its 5am I'm just trying to wake up and hit the snooze button lol. It didn't help that my hand was asleep and tingling lol..

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Android has a better OS much easier to navigate like closing app is much easier. As far as face unlock goes the FPS on the note is awesome and doesn't see a mask your wearing. I always ran beta and 14 was not much of a improvement actually some of the new stuff is worthless.

After a week with this note coming from the 10+ I decided to call it quits with my iPhone this device is just light years better. I still carry an ipad mini 4 LTE and my desktop is also apple so I have the best of both worlds.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't jump, I use both platforms for years

Do you use them simultaneously or rotate weekly, monthly?

I was on both while I was working - apple for work, android for personal main driver. I had to give back the iphone upon retirement, but had so much personal data tied to it, I got a used iphone and added an extra line to my account to accomodate it. I have had an iwatch that was given as well and I was allowed to keep because it was a "gift" from the employer. Another reason to keep my iphone apple ID stuff. Just got a good deal on an iwatch 5. But I have been an android user way longer that apple. I do have an iPad Pro LTE, but recently that is used very little as I use my Tab S6 more now.

Trying to figure the best way to use both ecosystems, even though I'm more android.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Also using both platforms ... I'm not retired so my iphone line gets picked up by my company... I never leave the house without both phones so used to it ...my friends call me crazy ....But I don't plan on leaving iOS and Android was my first love...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you use them simultaneously or rotate weekly, monthly?

I was on both while I was working - apple for work, android for personal main driver. I had to give back the iphone upon retirement, but had so much personal data tied to it, I got a used iphone and added an extra line to my account to accomodate it. I have had an iwatch that was given as well and I was allowed to keep because it was a "gift" from the employer. Another reason to keep my iphone apple ID stuff. Just got a good deal on an iwatch 5. But I have been an android user way longer that apple. I do have an iPad Pro LTE, but recently that is used very little as I use my Tab S6 more now.

Trying to figure the best way to use both ecosystems, even though I'm more android.
I use my Note/other andriod for work , the iphone as personal.
I been with apple since iphone 3 and android since Note 2 and s3. I have 3 lines , 2 for business lines and one personal. I alternate every 3 days my other andriod on 2nd business line . So I usually keep 3 phones on me .

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I use my Note/other andriod for work , the iphone as personal.
I been with apple since iphone 3 and android since Note 2 and s3. I have 3 lines , 2 for business lines and one personal. I alternate every 3 days my other andriod on 2nd business line . So I usually keep 3 phones on me .
Man 3 phones on you... Don't go to the amusement park lol

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
People think I'm a drug dealer
The worse part is carrying them but I manage 2 in same back pocket and one in hand .
I did the same thing for years but with health issues and memory problems I don't always know where my devices are especially since I wear a smart watch.