Silicone Sleeves for The Beans

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It must have been a late thought from Samsung as I only heard about these today.
I have emailed Samsung Parts UK about purchasing these but I think they are available in the US already.
I think you could get a little more from the ANC using these.

Attachments

• 46aff2a916f256820073b79f655326e2.jpeg.jpg
    46aff2a916f256820073b79f655326e2.jpeg.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 66

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It must have been a late thought from Samsung as I only heard about these today.
I have emailed Samsung Parts UK about purchasing these but I think they are available in the US already.
Very interesting.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I do find my Buds Live fit quite snugly and I experience no discomfort however I'd be interested in purchasing these too.

Looking forward to either official Samsung options or a 3rd party option.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
We'll see what reply I get from Samsung UK parts department :)

I have just been on a chat with them and they said they are not available for UK region yet, so I have a ticket number for them to get back to me, they look good for protection also if one were to fall out.

These should have been included for the price. I wonder how someone got wind of these to get them in the first place ;)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have just been on a chat with them and they said they are not available for UK region yet, so I have a ticket number for them to get back to me, they look good for protection also if one were to fall out.

These should have been included for the price. I wonder how someone got wind of these to get them in the first place ;)

Yes they definitely should have been included but it's probably an afterthought by Samsung and they had already finalised the Beans packaging etc...

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Did you get these because you had issues with fit? If so, do these help?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
For me the fit is fine but these caps should make a better seal, also protect the little beans more if they were dropped as they are slippery little beggars.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. and I called Samsung last night. The rep immediately knew what I was requesting and processed an order for the sleeves at no cost. He said I should receive them within 3-5 business days.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For me the fit is fine but these caps should make a better seal, also protect the little beans more if they were dropped as they are slippery little beggars.
I thought the beans were deliberately designed to not have a great seal.

Last edited:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. and I called Samsung last night. The rep immediately knew what I was requesting and processed an order for the sleeves at no cost. He said I should receive them within 3-5 business days.

Can you let us know of any part number / order number or any relevant information on this please oh and when you do get them we'd love a picture and your personal thoughts on them ??????

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I thought the beans were deliberately designed to not have a great seal.

Yeah I think they are meant to be a more open fit without actually going into your ear canal but with the sleeves on might make the fit around the ear a bit tighter..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I think they are meant to be a more open fit without actually going into your ear canal but with the sleeves on might make the fit around the ear a bit tighter..
I thought the idea was to let in sound from your natural surroundings so I wonder how the seal impacts that.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the silicone sleeves will provide as much passive noise cancellation as the in ear types like the Buds+ anyway but it might just be enough of a seal to give the ANC a chance to work a little better, at least you can just take off the sleeves if you don't like them or want more ambient pass through.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I'll let people know how I get on with the UK parts department or if I find somewhere to buy them.
I wrote a long piece about these on another thread.

They are called SKIN CAPS. You get them free if you email your proof of postage to UK.parts@samsung.com

But I also had to give customer services my serial number, model number and other information. They then gave me a reference number that the UK parts email also required along with my proof of postage.

The UK number is 03330000333.