manufacturing cost of ultra

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
..."The bill of materials doesn’t include costs related to marketing, licensing, and R&D. So Samsung isn’t quite making ~$750 in profit on the $1,300 smartphone, but it certainly points to a big profit margin nonetheless."

Let's not leave anything out now - I worked for Siemens for 25 years and know how much went into R&D and Marketing, both before, during and after a sale - and I was a Service Engineer!!!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Even if a Note 20 Ultra cost then just a tenner to make I still wouldn't regret buying this mega great device :)

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
..."The bill of materials doesn’t include costs related to marketing, licensing, and R&D. So Samsung isn’t quite making ~$750 in profit on the $1,300 smartphone, but it certainly points to a big profit margin nonetheless."

Let's not leave anything out now - I worked for Siemens for 25 years and know how much went into R&D and Marketing, both before, during and after a sale - and I was a Service Engineer!!!

all of that still would not amount to much since when it would only add a few dollars to the millions of phones sold.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

You are correct but a lot of people won't accept that. There was a recent to thread where this was heavily discussed. There are also additional costs that affect the bottom line. Returns, warranty replacements, repairs, fiascos like the Note 7 are just a few. When all is said and done, cellphones by themselves do not generate a lot of revenue

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, just like all businesses, I'm happy with my Note so I don't begrudge them one single bit
The Note is definitely a winner. As much as I enjoy the S20 Ultra, the Note just feels that better, especially with how they improved the Spen latency.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If this is about justification of the cost if making a phone.

I don't think most people could grasp what it cost to run a company.

Samsung can charge whatever they want..
Without justification from anybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463