Two weeks today

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone doesn't have 120Hz or 5G either. Turn both off and I'm sure it will be better than the iPhone. Also, the iPhone does about half of what the Note does.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I like my Ultra, but it's not as good as my Note 10+ in some ways. Battery is definitely not as good. Also I'll randomly go to unlock my phone, and it has no network signal. None. Literally won't connect. Have to do a restart. This happens in areas where I generally have good signal, at home for example, so it's not about that.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I like my Ultra, but it's not as good as my Note 10+ in some ways. Battery is definitely not as good. Also I'll randomly go to unlock my phone, and it has no network signal. None. Literally won't connect. Have to do a restart. This happens in areas where I generally have good signal, at home for example, so it's not about that.
That doesn't sound good. Is your phone faulty? It may be worth speaking to Samsung support about the loss of network.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't sound good. Is your phone faulty? It may be worth speaking to Samsung support about the loss of network.

We'll see. Since it's not all the time I have a feeling I'll get the run around with Samsung saying it's T-Mobile, and T-Mo saying it's Samsung. I haven't tried resetting network settings or anything yet either. Just noticed it the past couple days. May also try turning 5G off to see if it still happens.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We'll see. Since it's not all the time I have a feeling I'll get the run around with Samsung saying it's T-Mobile, and T-Mo saying it's Samsung. I haven't tried resetting network settings or anything yet either. Just noticed it the past couple days. May also try turning 5G off to see if it still happens.
Yeah happens sometimes on mine , switch lte/3g/2g network mode

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max too. It did have better battery life than the Note 20 Ultra. For me...so what. The Ultra and Android are doing so so much more for me so it's no surprise that it takes more battery to provide that. The Note 20 U's battery would last me all day but...guess what? I'm never far enough from a charger long enough that it's worth mentioning. To hear some people discuss it one might think they're in Antarctica and can't get to a charger for days on end. Seriously, I know some folks are on the go a lot but do we really need battery life that lasts more than a day...and are willing to significantly degrade our experience to get it? I finally had to just say...no. No, I'm not. I don't think I could limit myself to an iPhone just to get longer battery life, iMessage, and FaceTime.

A loaded Toyota Prius gets better mileage than a loaded Honda Pilot but I'd prefer the Honda Pilot almost all of the time.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had every note they've ever made. I will end it with the note 20 ultra series and the Fold 2.
I don't mind spending the money but I will slide into mid-range Samsung devices next year. The note 20 Ultra and Fold 2 are to me the top of the food chain going out. I think holding on to them two as long as I can will be just as fun for excitement when getting a mid-range phone.

They really are doing some marvelous things with these devices.
I say buy what makes you happy.
I've always been happy with the various notes except the Galaxy Note FE, Still sitting in it's box and very dissapointed with Samsung.
Better safe than sorry, really wished they'd got that right.

Anyway enough of my run off.
Note 20 ultra has been awesome. Excited for the Fold 2 and my new direction.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
For those with signal issues.

I have had these issues in the past with devices when I get them. One of the things I do once I get a device is to pull the SIM Card and reseat it.

It can get jostled around during shipping or whatever, so give that a go. I have not had issues like this since I started doing it. Was it the solution? No idea, but give it a go.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
my first note since the 3 my first Galaxy since the S7. I have enjoyed the performance of this device especially the screen and the ram (opening apps I hadn't opened for a day and it was still at the same spot as before) I do miss some of the smart features of my pixel i.e. now playing and squeeze to summon assistant. but when you had that for battery the note 20 ultra looks awesome. I havent used the pen as much as I thought I would so far. but we will see as time progresses.

my only gripe has been that I can't pay with google pay. samsung pay works so I've started to use that instead.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
my only gripe has been that I can't pay with google pay. samsung pay works so I've started to use that instead.

Not sure why you can't use Google Pay. I use primarily Samsung Pay, but have not had an issue using Google Pay. Might want to go through some troubleshooting and try again. I'd defer to someone who knows more than I do about Google Pay though.

KEHT

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I got a Note 20 Ultra to replace my aging S9+. While I generally love the phone, the transition has not been very smooth.
First, I am having issues unlocking my phone with a fingerprints. Can't seem to put my finger in the correct place in correct orientation. Often have to switch to PIN.
Have not fully figured out the camera. Not sure how to photograph a wine label, for example. FOV is very shallow and half of the label is blurry. Didn't have that problem on my S9+. Don't appreciate to have to manually switch between 108mp and other options.
Would have loved it being a little more power frugal.
Also, while at home on my Wi-Fi, signal bars disappear sometimes. While I haven't noticed interruption in service, alarm bells go off in my head.

JetFixxxer

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a fan of my note 10+ and never should have downgraded from the Note 9. I was hoping the 20 Ultra would be better and from some reviews this isn't the case. I haven't made the jump yet and might hold off on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance