Android Auto Problems

ncridgerunner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Android Auto with my Note 20 Ultra is somewhat unstable. Sometimes it fails to connect automatically when I plug the phone in and I have to unplug and re-plug the usb cable. Other times Android Auto will randomly stop working and again I have to unplug and re-plug. My Note 10 + had no problems and was very stable using the same USB cable. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Any suggestions for a workaround?

ncridgerunner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just went over to the Subaru forum and found that some people are having problems with Android Auto after a software update to the car. This may be what is causing some problems for me. It's hard to determine if it is the phone or the car. I have tried different cables with no improvement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just went over to the Subaru forum and found that some people are having problems with Android Auto after a software update to the car. This may be what is causing some problems for me. It's hard to determine if it is the phone or the car. I have tried different cables with no improvement.
Have you recently had the car system updated?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Android Auto with my Note 20 Ultra is somewhat unstable. Sometimes it fails to connect automatically when I plug the phone in and I have to unplug and re-plug the usb cable. Other times Android Auto will randomly stop working and again I have to unplug and re-plug. My Note 10 + had no problems and was very stable using the same USB cable. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Any suggestions for a workaround?

I've had the same issue also but it's not exclusive to the N20U, it's also been buggy with my old Note10+. Sometimes it's not replugging in and out the cable from your phone rather the cable from your USB connection to your vehicle.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use AA everyday, no issues. Be sure to use a high quality cable. Definitely try a new cable, even if it worked with a previous phone. Cables wear out quicker than people think.

ncridgerunner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issue also but it's not exclusive to the N20U, it's also been buggy with my old Note10+. Sometimes it's not replugging in and out the cable from your phone rather the cable from your USB connection to your vehicle.

I've changed cables but the USB to vehicle connection could be an issue as I store my bluetooth earbuds and a couple of smaller items in that area. It is possible they are contacting the cable where it plugs in to the car.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've changed cables but the USB to vehicle connection could be an issue as I store my bluetooth earbuds and a couple of smaller items in that area. It is possible they are contacting the cable where it plugs in to the car.
The cable is not exposed so having items there should not be an issue.

Fro7

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
I just switched to the note 20 ultra and have not at all been able to get Android Auto to work. I previously had the S10+ and it worked without issue. On another forum I read that clearing the cache partition works. I have not yet tried this though

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just switched to the note 20 ultra and have not at all been able to get Android Auto to work. I previously had the S10+ and it worked without issue. On another forum I read that clearing the cache partition works. I have not yet tried this though
Just tried the clearing of the cache partition. Didn't work at all.
Hi, welcome to AC!

What happens when you try to open it ?

Fro7

Nov 30, 2020
Visit site
On the phone I see the banner for AA and it tells me to tap the screen on the car to launch. I do that the the car tells me to connect a device with AA installed sometimes, others it will say it can't connect and asks to retry. I reached out to Samsung for support today and was point to another forum that was less than helpful and then they offered to just refund my money. I don't want a refund, I just want it to work. My S10+ had 0 issues. I'm beginning to wonder if in Android 10 or the Note 20 particular if because AA is embedded in the OS if cars have an issue running it this way?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On the phone I see the banner for AA and it tells me to tap the screen on the car to launch. I do that the the car tells me to connect a device with AA installed sometimes, others it will say it can't connect and asks to retry. I reached out to Samsung for support today and was point to another forum that was less than helpful and then they offered to just refund my money. I don't want a refund, I just want it to work. My S10+ had 0 issues. I'm beginning to wonder if in Android 10 or the Note 20 particular if because AA is embedded in the OS if cars have an issue running it this way?
Is this factory head unit or aftermarket?
Can you reset it ?

Ted Turbo

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Is ANYONE working on the software problem not allowing the S10E to connect to Android auto??? I installed a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX WTH? I've been working this problem for 4 months!!!! Not the cable, software version or hardware problem. I'm an Engineer and this is BS! I've owned every Samsung Galaxy from S5 - S10! The S10 sucks! Anyone know what Samsung or Google is doing about this?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000