Flawless so far

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the regular note 20 since launch day and so far it's been a flawless device no lag or app issues at all. Battery is slightly better than my 10+ but not much. The only issue I had was an app would not load I contacted the developer and now it's fixed. Honestly this has been the best Android to date for me hands down. How many others out there have had a flawless device so far.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Ultra and I think it's the best device I've ever owned and I've been very happy with my prior devices the last 5 years.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the Ultra and I think it's the best device I've ever owned and I've been very happy with my prior devices the last 5 years.
I can only say this device has been the best with the 10+ right behind it first device to run smooth no lag at all.

dafish1

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I traded in a Note 9 and prefer the Ultra except for one thing. The fingerprint scanner on the back of the Note 9 was the best I've ever used and more convenient in my opinion.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I traded in a Note 9 and prefer the Ultra except for one thing. The fingerprint scanner on the back of the Note 9 was the best I've ever used and more convenient in my opinion.

This is where things are a personal choice. In all honesty, I HATED where the FPS was on the Note 9 and any phone that had it on the back.

For ME, the in screen, or front positioned FPS is much easier. Especially since I need to unlock my phone when it's sitting on my desk or on the charger from time to time.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just my view. :D

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Note 20 Ultra & I think I picked the right year to purchase my first Note. I am really enjoying it & finally have a device that takes amazing pictures that I can actually view on a PC & not cringe at the results.
:)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had a flawless experience with the Note 20 and the Note 20U. The Note 20U's battery life is not as good as the Note 20's but I'm rarely far from a charger. That aside, they've been great devices.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Loving the N20U. Best Note so far. I had a N10+ then traded it for the S20U now with the N20U. Don't know why I ever bother with the S series. I usually just give my wife the S device. I miss having the S-Pen. I'm glad I cancelled my Fold 2 pre-order.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Loving the N20U. Best Note so far. I had a N10+ then traded it for the S20U now with the N20U. Don't know why I ever bother with the S series. I usually just give my wife the S device. I miss having the S-Pen.
Yeah....I think I will probably skip the next S series. I didn't use the Spen that much on the Note 10+ but I did miss it while I was using the S20U. The last two months I swapped the sim back into the Note but near the end put it away because I didn't want to damage it prior to trading it. I keep my work sim in the S20U series and my personal in my Note20U. My work iphone has become a WiFi only device....lol.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Loving the N20U. Best Note so far. I had a N10+ then traded it for the S20U now with the N20U. Don't know why I ever bother with the S series. I usually just give my wife the S device. I miss having the S-Pen. I'm glad I cancelled my Fold 2 pre-order.
Can't see a need for the fold so much heavier I carry my ipad mini LTE it works great! When that dies it's time for the latest Sammy tablet

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah....I think I will probably skip the next S series. I didn't use the Spen that much on the Note 10+ but I did miss it while I was using the S20U. The last two months I swapped the sim back into the Note but near the end put it away because I didn't want to damage it prior to trading it. I keep my work sim in the S20U series and my personal in my Note20U. My work iphone has become a WiFi only device....lol. Actually I could put Vetizon Messages on it and also answer wifi calls from the work number on it.
Yeah the iPhone is always my secondary device. I used it a lot when I was using the S20U mainly for the camera. With the improvements to the camera system on the N20U I don't think I'll be using the iPhone as much.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Can't see a need for the fold so much heavier I carry my ipad mini LTE it works great! When that dies it's time for the latest Sammy tablet
Yeah I got caught in the whole cool tech factor of the Fold 2. When I tried out the the first Fold all I kept saying while using it was I wish the front display was bigger. And when they made it bigger on the Fold 2 I got a little excited. Lol. But the lower quality camera and no 120hz on the front display had me changing my decision and will probably jump on next year's Fold. I just know I'll miss the s-pen tho.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I got caught in the whole cool tech factor of the Fold 2. When I tried out the the first Fold all I kept saying while using it was I wish the front display was bigger. And when they made it bigger on the Fold 2 I got a little excited. Lol. But the lower quality camera and no 120hz on the front display had me changing my decision and will probably jump on next year's Fold. I just know I'll miss the s-pen tho.
Yeah... It's a novelty for the most part, and I'll certainly look at future iterations. I imagine they will add an Spen in the next Gen or 2.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... It's a novelty for the most part, and I'll certainly look at future iterations. I imagine they will add an Spen in the next Gen or 2.

You know, if they keep getting better and fixing things, I may jump on the next (or the one after) so I can replace my phone/tablet and just have one device.

Although, the N20U is pretty damn close to replacing my tablet too...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You know, if they keep getting better and fixing things, I may jump on the next (or the one after) so I can replace my phone/tablet and just have one device.

Yeah,. The second Gen is close but I'm going to wait till it's perfected. I don't really use a tablet much anyway, nor is it inconvenient for me to carry if I need it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I have a Tab 5se that I don't often use (it developed a single bad pixel and is no longer flawless). I am interested to see how much I actually use the Fold 2's larger screen real estate and if it's practical for me or if the big displays on the Notes are a better compromise. I'm using the Note 10+ today and the screen really is great and offers more than what's needed. I think anyone who enjoys large screens could happily use a Note 10+ as long as the batteryremains in good shape. It's still a helluva device.

The question is whether or not the novelty of the Fold 2 will wear off and if the smok'n device will really not be everyday usable like the Notes are for my use. Gotta try to figure that one out within 14 days. Is the Fold 2 gonna be worth the $2K stretch or not? I kinda hope so.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am getting good 5g speeds this device doesn't disappoint!!!
5771f1ad46fd85476e61ceeb3b00afef.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad it's been an enjoyable experience for you thus far, and that battery life has been good for you too! That's a main concern for phone users nowadays!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Well, I just plunged on the 20 ultra, so no way am I upgrading next year, no matter what they do, but I'd say they need a couple of more product cycles to get it to a point where it is acceptable to me. And from what I hear, a lot of the apps are not really using it as well as they could. That too will take awhile. But I'm insanely excited at the idea of the Fold. The reality, not so much. Yet. Maybe by the time I'm tired of the 20 Ultra (at least 2 years, maybe 3), I'll have a different answer on a different device.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My last upgrade for a while as well I am retired and no need for 2 devices and costly upgrades. This note is awesome and I hope it stays this way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois