Problems receiving texts from Verizon users

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I have the N20U locked to ATT and three of my friends who were able to send texts 1 week ago are now not able to send them to me, although I can send them out to them. I called ATT and they said everything is fine on my end. Does anyone know what I can do? Is it a cache or carrier settings issue on the phone or just a Verizon issue, which is weird.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you search these forums and find the threads that discuss SMS/MMS issues, most of them are phones that are locked to At&t. But At&t gives the same answer every time someone calls, it's not on their end. My wife and I had so many issues with our S20U's that we gave up & we both got N20U's. Now, I haven't had any issues, but my wife said last night that she had issues sending pictures or group messages.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the N20U locked to ATT and three of my friends who were able to send texts 1 week ago are now not able to send them to me, although I can send them out to them. I called ATT and they said everything is fine on my end. Does anyone know what I can do? Is it a cache or carrier settings issue on the phone or just a Verizon issue, which is weird.
What device did you have before the Note 20?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do the usual steps
1.Clear the message app Data, cache and Force stop ..those 3 steps and test

2 . Turn WiFi calling off if u use it

3. Reset network> setting type reset network in search bar .

3. Try another message app like Google message app

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not an iMessage issue. I've never owned an iPhone and I have had the same problems before. It is clearly an At&t issue. In the past while being connected to LTE, I would have to force HSPA+ just so MMS would come through.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not an iMessage issue. I've never owned an iPhone and I have had the same problems before. It is clearly an At&t issue. In the past while being connected to LTE, I would have to force HSPA+ just so MMS would come through.
That may be the case but you can't say for certain what the issue is just because you had a similar issue. When we try to help people here we go through a variety of steps to troubleshoot potential issues. Sometimes the advice we offer works and sometimes it doesn't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We do know Att has this problem since Note 9 I remember , but good point is it MMS messages or SMS thats the issue or both?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That may be the case but you can't say for certain what the issue is just because you had a similar issue. When we try to help people here we go through a variety of steps to troubleshoot potential issues. Sometimes the advice we offer works and sometimes it doesn't.

OP should try all suggestions because hell, I know I did. I hope something works for him. But I'm not commenting because I had a similar issue, I'm commenting because it's a known issue with dozens of threads not just here, but on Reddit as well. Android Police even did an article about customers complaining about having issues sending/receiving MMS on At&t's network a few months ago. I'm just letting OP know he's not alone and that his phone is not the problem and it's not a iPhone/iMessage issue.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
OP should try all suggestions because hell, I know I did. I hope something works for him. But I'm not commenting because I had a similar issue, I'm commenting because it's a known issue with dozens of threads not just here, but on Reddit as well. Android Police even did an article about customers complaining about having issues sending/receiving MMS on At&t's network a few months ago. I'm just letting OP know he's not alone and that his phone is not the problem and it's not a iPhone/iMessage issue.

As I indicated previously, you may be correct, but we don't know until we try and eliminate the obvious. What did you do to resolve the issue if it's resolved?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As I indicated previously, you may be correct, but we don't know until we try and eliminate the obvious. What did you do to resolve the issue if it's resolved?

There's nothing to do...you can't do anything about a network issue. I did however change my APN to the NXTGEN APN which has been discussed on here before. I seem to have a little bit better signal strength, but I changed the APN on my wife's phone as well and she said she had MMS issues the other day. It seems to have been isolated to just that day, but still, as much as we pay for our phones & as much as we pay for plans, we shouldn't have repeated network issues.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I also want to say that I commend you for trying to help your fellow man out. I'm not posting because I think you're wrong and OP shouldn't try your suggestions...I think he should.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
There's nothing to do...you can't do anything about a network issue. I did however change my APN to the NXTGEN APN which has been discussed on here before. I seem to have a little bit better signal strength, but I changed the APN on my wife's phone as well and she said she had MMS issues the other day. It seems to have been isolated to just that day, but still, as much as we pay for our phones & as much as we pay for plans, we shouldn't have repeated network issues.

I'm going to the ATT store after work to see what can be done. I've tried what you all suggested with no luck. I hate that I went to ATT just to get the free N20 (with bill credits) now.