Last Note??

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
They going away also:(

Yeah I heard that recently. Too bad I thought they were going in the right direction with styling especially the SUV line. I liked that Special Edition Continental with the suicide doors they made last year but I guess SUVs are the future. Man I really like their Lincoln Aviator. Wouldn’t mind replacing my Ford Explorer for one but man not cheap.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I heard that recently. Too bad I thought they were going in the right direction with styling especially the SUV line. I liked that Special Edition Continental with the suicide doors they made last year but I guess SUVs are the future. Man I really like their Lincoln Aviator. Wouldn’t mind replacing my Ford Explorer for one but man not cheap.
Yeah the car line for Lincoln, the SUV are pretty nice , and yeah not cheap but most SUV aren't cheap.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not so much what the note can't do that the S can but more so what it's marketed as is what I meant. The S is marketed as taking photos, watching videos being on social media. While the note markets it's pen and ability to help its users productivity. Of course it can do all the things the S can do, pretty much like any modern phone can, but the marketing is different.

Which means for the most part it's all fluff in the end.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that if the Note goes away, Samsung adds S Pen capability to the S & Fold series. At least for the S series, the edge of the phone without buttons would be a place where the pen can magnetically attach & charge, plus they could sell accessories like cases with a flap for the pen (similar to the Tab book/keyboard covers).

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think that if the Note goes away, Samsung adds S Pen capability to the S & Fold series. At least for the S series, the edge of the phone without buttons would be a place where the pen can magnetically attach & charge, plus they could sell accessories like cases with a flap for the pen (similar to the Tab book/keyboard covers).
I think it would be good for Sammy to add the pen to the Fold but not decrease battery capacity to do so. That means making the Gold's panels larger which reasonably translates to larger screens both inside and cover...which could drain the battery more and of course these things drive up cost...which we would undoubtedly complain about. On the other had if they decrease battery capacity to accommodate an S-Pen we'd be on a witch hunt with blood on our minds. It's not easy to get the balance right but at $2K...it shouldn't be.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Meh, we'll see what happens. To me the S line was always a beta device and the Note always improved upon what the S brought and added the S-Pen. Going to be interesting how they change things up.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah....I don't think anything life changing
The extra S series will have a marginally better camera with laser autofocus and the next generation of under screen fps. A more powerful Snapdragon that's even more power efficient during low-effort endeavors would be nice too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781