09-21-2020 01:51 PM
53 123
tools
    From ice universe unless totally not understanding what he is saying which is highly likely. Maybe means combined versions
    Attached Thumbnails Last Note??-2689.jpg  
    09-19-2020 10:40 PM
    The ending of the Note line has come up before.

As the s series phones are catching up each year with the Note line then it's possible.

Gone are the days where the Note is the phone with ALL the bells and whistles.
    09-20-2020 12:00 AM
    I doubt if the Note line will be discontinued, since the S Pen is the unique feature it has that the S line lacks. There are plenty of people who buy the Note just because of the S Pen.
    Ranjen617 and SeanD_Colorado like this.
    09-20-2020 12:03 AM
    My guess if they did combine it, it would probably be one Galaxy line where you have the Galaxy (S), Galacy+ (S+) and then the Galaxy Note Ultra with the pen and it retains the squarish shape along with the Fold... and then the Galaxy Fold and Flip. And honestly I think they should combine like this so they can launch all phones at the same time in March instead of two flagships 6 months apart from each other. The Ultra and Fold would have the silo still for internal S-Pen carry. Not sure if they would make the other model screens pen capable and the pen is available as an accessory and carried separatley... adds cost adding the layer on the screen for pen input.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-20-2020 12:32 AM
    Maybe it's just the S-Note app that's toast...
    09-20-2020 04:18 AM
    Maybe it's just the S-Note app that's toast...
    S Note can still be downloaded but as an APK and not the play store, I think most of its features have been integrated into Samsung Notes and all my S Note files from years gone by have been transferred to Samsung Notes.
    09-20-2020 06:15 AM
    Samsung has several phone lines. I'm not sure they would combine 2 phones that makes news twice a year over their minor league phones that I never hear about.
    09-20-2020 06:31 AM
    Ice Universal is usually correct, almost all the sources he mentions is 99% of the time correct, So just beware.
    mustang7757, Serkle K and jlangner like this.
    09-20-2020 09:10 AM
    Ice Universal is usually correct, almost all the sources he mentions is 99% of the time correct, So just beware.
    I'm afraid your right , it be big mistake for Samsung to do this, they been doing lot things right last couple years , this won't be one of them .
    09-20-2020 09:12 AM
    My thoughts on this are the exact same as they were last year when Ice universe said the same thing That the Note 10+ was the last Note. The Note is most likely going away in name only. Whether that means merging the Note and Fold or the Note and Ultra version of the S series, or both. Having a Fold with SPen and an S series with SPen could work. I could definitely see Samsung keeping its end of the year release to foldables and the earlier release the S line (with the Ultra incorporating the SPen). I said then that it would peeve whomever bought the Note that year off releasing one 6 months later under a different name, but it'd be a single release change, and that people would get over it.

What has changed a little though are my thoughts on the timetable. I thought it'd still be further down the road when the foldables were a little more polished that all this would happen. But Samsung improved the Fold 2 so much over the original that maybe this could be the year.
    09-20-2020 09:54 AM
    As long as they keep the S/Note/Ultra version the one with everything but the kitchen sink, then I don't care about what it's going to be called or merged with.
    Ranjen617 and Gray Area like this.
    09-20-2020 10:21 AM
    If it is the end <been using Note devices since the original Note> then this is a grand end. The Note 20 is the grand example of the evolution of its line and is now at full being.

Why go out while on top? Only Samsung knows.
    Ranjen617 and Gray Area like this.
    09-20-2020 10:27 AM
    Considering that the Note 20 Ultra apparently broke pre order records it seems strange that Samsung would do away with the Note brand. I would like to see the S pen with the Fold 3 next year if this is the case.

That Z Fold 2 looks awesome and very tempting with the trade in prices, even £150 for a broken phone and £650 for some recent devices.
    Next year should be interesting but I will be surprised if the Note disappears.
    09-20-2020 10:29 AM
    My guess if they did combine it, it would probably be one Galaxy line where you have the Galaxy (S), Galacy+ (S+) and then the Galaxy Note Ultra with the pen and it retains the squarish shape along with the Fold... and then the Galaxy Fold and Flip. And honestly I think they should combine like this so they can launch all phones at the same time in March instead of two flagships 6 months apart from each other. The Ultra and Fold would have the silo still for internal S-Pen carry. Not sure if they would make the other model screens pen capable and the pen is available as an accessory and carried separatley... adds cost adding the layer on the screen for pen input.
    This.

Also, Sammy will probably stick to their release timetables. It seems like it makes sense to have a device(s) to release on the Spring around MWC and in late Summer to offer up some competition to Apple. At least that's what I've grown to think their reasoning is.
    09-20-2020 11:55 AM
    What he means is Samsung are making the Z line as their main flagships and S line will not get the same high end features as the Z line that's what he has hinted at lately
    09-20-2020 01:06 PM
    The only certainty is that nothing changes till it changes.
    09-20-2020 01:10 PM
    The only certainty is that nothing changes till it changes.
    Agree
    09-20-2020 01:18 PM
    And when it does change, guess what? It changes.

Some of us will complain; Some of us will say it's the best thing Samsung ever did. And then we will all continue to live our lives.
    tadpoles, dakini03 and Gray Area like this.
    09-20-2020 01:49 PM
    From my favorite TV show Monk.
    Attached Thumbnails Last Note??-6433.jpg  
    09-20-2020 01:52 PM
    Looking back on the history of the device, it may have been better if it was simply a part of the Galaxy S line. Similar to how you have a Camaro Z/28 and and SS or a Mustang GT and Shelby GT 500. They are both the same car, just a submodel. Perhaps that is what they are planning on doing?
    mustang7757 and Gray Area like this.
    09-20-2020 08:25 PM
    I already made the Note 20 Ultra and Fold 2 my last high end Sammy devices.

I'm going for mid-range devices from here on. These will last me a good 4-5 years even after updates stop.

They want to force the Fold purchases.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-20-2020 08:49 PM
    Looking back on the history of the device, it may have been better if it was simply a part of the Galaxy S line. Similar to how you have a Camaro Z/28 and and SS or a Mustang GT and Shelby GT 500. They are both the same car, just a submodel. Perhaps that is what they are planning on doing?
    It was how GM had too many models and killed off few of them but kept key ones to their heritage.

Pontiac gone
    Oldsmobile gone
    Buick certain models

2 cars won't go is corvette and camaro

Same Ford
    Got rid of mercury
    Most of their car lines except
    Mustang and Lincoln

The Note phone is Samsung flagship of any device , if anything I would think the Note would be offered a pen and one without and kill off the S series and some other mid-range phones .
    09-20-2020 08:54 PM
    I feel it's kind of like that already and it's just a question of naming convention and release date.
    09-20-2020 09:52 PM
    It was how GM had too many models and killed off few of them but kept key ones to their heritage.

Pontiac gone
    Oldsmobile gone
    Buick certain models

2 cars won't go is corvette and camaro

Same Ford
    Got rid of mercury
    Most of their car lines except
    Mustang and Lincoln

The Note phone is Samsung flagship of any device , if anything I would think the Note would be offered a pen and one without and kill off the S series and some other mid-range phones .
    We have one with the pen and without already
    09-20-2020 09:55 PM
    We have one with the pen and without already
    Which ?
    09-20-2020 10:00 PM
53 123