September Patch U.S.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
At the rate AT&T is going, they may just skip September and just do an October, for Chrissake! It wouldn't be the FIRST time they've skipped a month because of an "Understaffed" Tech Dept situation or maybe it's just sheer indifference!

All I know is it's NOT what I expected from them with a Brand new $1449 phone (minus my trade-in of course)... c'mon guys?
View attachment 326840
Yeah, I know, I'm the guy that's been preaching "Patience" - well, "Patience yur' arse... I want to Kill something" said one Buzzard to the other! :)
They won't skip most likely sometime this week they will throw OTA, now as for 1ATI5 or 1ATI6 both have all the fixes that Unlocked second September security patch has.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
At the rate AT&T is going, they may just skip September and just do an October, for Chrissake! It wouldn't be the FIRST time they've skipped a month because of an "Understaffed" Tech Dept situation or maybe it's just sheer indifference!

All I know is it's NOT what I expected from them with a Brand new $1449 phone (minus my trade-in of course)... c'mon guys?
View attachment 326840
Yeah, I know, I'm the guy that's been preaching "Patience" - well, "Patience yur' arse... I want to Kill something" said one Buzzard to the other! :)
Att has the sept first roll.out on unlocked because i took it in beginning with my Att sim , Tmobile didn't have it at the time .

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Still not sure which firmware AT&T will use , doesn't matter to me , so decided to jump on 1ATI6

e8e47c94f14dc633c8084c1d00719cb3.jpg

Hey Ruben how did you get that background on your software info screen? Really cool!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Att has the sept first roll.out on unlocked because i took it in beginning with my Att sim , Tmobile didn't have it at the time .
I know that, but the Carrier Locked people are NOT getting theirs... that includes me. And you know me - I stopped fooling with ODIN and started waiting for OTA about 18 months ago, maybe more - probably when I got my Note 9. Decided I was getting too old to play - just let what's supposed to happen, happen... just haven't developed my patience skills to match, as yet!
eLaugh_4.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
They won't skip most likely sometime this week they will throw OTA, now as for 1ATI5 or 1ATI6 both have all the fixes that Unlocked second September security patch has.
God, I hope so Ruben... I really look forward to the camera fixes and to see what it helps! I'm really happy with the camera but there are some glitches here and there. Thank you for the "Words of Hope!"

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
God, I hope so Ruben... I really look forward to the camera fixes and to see what it helps! I'm really happy with the camera but there are some glitches here and there. Thank you for the "Words of Hope!"
Np i wouldn't be surprised if AT&T throws out the OTA later in the afternoon, just saying

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know that, but the Carrier Locked people are NOT getting theirs... that includes me. And you know me - I stopped fooling with ODIN and started waiting for OTA about 18 months ago, maybe more - probably when I got my Note 9. Decided I was getting too old to play - just let what's supposed to happen, happen... just haven't developed my patience skills to match, as yet!
View attachment 326844

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It was taking forever to get the Sep. update so I downloaded and installed both ATI1 & ATI5 manually. Done!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

No guarantee future updates that unlocked always gets first. In my three years with the Note 8, I've seen such a mixed bag... the unlocked not get their updates before carriers and I've seen AT&T release theirs before the others. But they eventually get theirs. I'd definitely would like to have gotten mine for my locked AT&T... would have liked to get the first one instead of probably both in one package. But luckily I'm not experiencing any bug or glitches so not like I'm needing it ASAP.

Now if this was an Android 11 update and OneUI3.0 and waiting weeks after everyone else... (insert flamethrower emojj here)!!