Fingerprint sensor issues, anyone?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine works fine most of the time. Sometimes I do have to try multiple times. It's certainly not as fast as the unit on the Note 9, for me.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
It works so much better than my Note 10+ did. That phone was constantly locking me out. This one works on the first try almost every time. I love the FPS on this device.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm I guess I’ll have to play around with my mine. I put both my thumbs recorded twice and it seems at least 50% of the time it doesn’t register. I may just have to get used to it coming from pixel and Apple.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Hmmmm I guess I’ll have to play around with my mine. I put both my thumbs recorded twice and it seems at least 50% of the time it doesn’t register. I may just have to get used to it coming from pixel and Apple.
That could be. I would estimate my 1st time success rate with it at about 97-98%. It never takes me more than 2 attempts that 2-3% it doesn't work first time.

But I came from Apple to the Note 10+, I do recall struggling more with it until I adapted to how to place my finger, pressure required, etc.

That said, my wife bailed on FPS on her Note 10+ and simply does the code. She also came from Apple.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Best Fingerprint under the screen ever for a Samsung Note. Haven't had any issues with it. I always rather have it on the back but I'm loving this one on the note 20 ultra.
Now watch an update come out and messes it up.

Helpful hint.
Use all 4 fingerprint setups for one finger placing it clockwise, counterclockwise, upside down and relax.

I even use a wet application screen protector and it still works 💯/ 💯 for now 🙏

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Works good for me. Took a little getting use to because my finger slides a little across the smooth glass. Not as fast/smooth as the Pixel 3, but still good.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with it not reading my thumb a lot of the time. I haven't tried re-scanning it yet but I think I will. It seems to read my index finger great though so maybe I didn't get a good read while scanning it the first time.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
no problem using the FPS, at all...I also use the facial recognition in the work environment, along with Bixby when wearing dirty work gloves

Baz S

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
Yes very happy with it on my Huawei Mate 20 pro, it's a revolutionary technology and it can only get better. The only time I have issue if my hands are dry after washing them, but a quick moistening fixes that.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It works. Not well, but it works. I had a Note 9 and it was so nice to grab the phone while touching the sensor on the back, at would turn on and unlock in one quick motion. Now I have to fiddle around to power it on the Note 20, then find the right spot on the screen, and press it, and hope it works. It is reliably IF you hit the right spot.
I never understood why so many people doing reviews on the rear fingerprint readers hated them. I liked it, and the in screen reader sucks IMHO.
I have learned to tap the screen two or three times, to get the display on. Then I can locate the location to press my finger on, then hope it works. Two or three more steps then I used to have on the Note 9.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for responses everyone I’m going to try a few things tonight. It is improving. Just learning from iPhone Touch ID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2