Whitestone Dome Glass - No more Blue Light Cut - Improved Glass & Tray.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got in a replacement Note 20 Ultra set from Whitestone today and they have done away with the blue light cut, improved the glass and alignment tray.

No mention of blue light cut, the glass is nice and straight across the top now and the alignment tray has a different build # on it.

I'm in no hurry to install this but just thought I would share my findings.

Here are a couple pictures of the packaging (old on left, new on right)

WSD01.jpgWSD02.jpg

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
re: Whitestone Dome Glass - No more Blue Light Cut - Improved Glass & Tray.

Whoa, last week, they sent me replacements and I got the same "new" ones you got. I may have to try it as the one I have installed now is starting to show Glue Cracking. :(

Chris134

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site

Whoa, last week, they sent me replacements and I got the same "new" ones you got. I may have to try it as the one I have installed now is starting to show Glue Cracking. :(

That usually happens to me two months in. The cracking starts at the side and start working its way around.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whitestone Dome Glass - No more Blue Light Cut - Improved Glass & Tray

Got in a replacement Note 20 Ultra set from Whitestone today and they have done away with the blue light cut, improved the glass and alignment tray.

No mention of blue light cut, the glass is nice and straight across the top now and the alignment tray has a different build # on it.

I'm in no hurry to install this but just thought I would share my findings.

Here are a couple pictures of the packaging (old on left, new on right)

View attachment 326953View attachment 326954
Just because they changed the packaging doesn't mean it isn't. The glass was blue light cut before they mentioned it.

BTW... ZAGG charges 10 dollars extra for blue light screens

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The glass and tray are definitely different, blue light no way to tell.
Just because they changed the packaging doesn't mean it isn't. The glass was blue light cut before they mentioned it.

BTW... ZAGG charges 10 dollars extra for blue light screens

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Just got a replacement for my mom, since installation on second screen went bad. Kinda lame she gets the updated screen but Im keeping the one I have on right now :) isn't blue light screen good for you? It wasn't even noticible

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Just got a replacement for my mom, since installation on second screen went bad. Kinda lame she gets the updated screen but Im keeping the one I have on right now :) isn't blue light screen good for you? It wasn't even noticible
I'm not sure why we need a blue light filter on a screen protector when the device can do it through software automatically.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

They've always had the blue light cut before, so just because it doesn't say it wouldn't be any indication that it no longer has it. They only mentioned it on the box for the first time with the Note 20 so they probably got rid of it again because it caused so many questions. If you go to their website, it still says it has it and they are showing the new packaging.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

They've always had the blue light cut before, so just because it doesn't say it wouldn't be any indication that it no longer has it. They only mentioned it on the box for the first time with the Note 20 so they probably got rid of it again because it caused so many questions. If you go to their website, it still says it has it and they are showing the new packaging.
Yes....I verified it with their rep when the Note 20 came out and it always had before it was listed on the box.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

I received the original version with Blue light and had no issues with installation with the first screen which I then had to remove as the phone went back to Samsung and then no issues with the 2nd screen I installed on the new N20 Ultra.

Weird how some are experiencing issues and some are not !

Wonder if it was a batch issue ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I received the original version with Blue light and had no issues with installation with the first screen which I then had to remove as the phone went back to Samsung and then no issues with the 2nd screen I installed on the new N20 Ultra.

Weird how some are experiencing issues and some are not !

Wonder if it was a batch issue ?
Yeah no issues on mine

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Plenty of issues with mine. Both pieces of glass caused shadows on light screens and you could actually see the glass was wavy when looking at it in certain lighting.

I'll try these new ones sooner or later and report back.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site

I'm still fighting with them for my warranty replacement. Finally went to paypal dispute. Glad to see they upgraded the glass. I've always used their stuff but this glass was horrible. You looked at it the wrong way and it cracked. I gave up and just bought a cheap 15 glass protector kit but used their glue
So far no issues.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The improved version is much more case friendly as it's a little shorter on the top and bottom. Sooner or later I'll get around to installing mine and put up some pictures.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

The improved version is much more case friendly as it's a little shorter on the top and bottom. Sooner or later I'll get around to installing mine and put up some pictures.

Would like to see those pics! Glad they are improving the process and the product.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

Just had another two pack sent to me via Amazon.

I'm in the UK.

One thing I've noticed is that Whitestone are no longer putting x3 vials of adhesive in the two pack boxes !

Not good if you mess up the 1st application and need to use the 2nd vial leaving you with a 2nd screen protector without adhesive !

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Just had another two pack sent to me via Amazon.

I'm in the UK.

One thing I've noticed is that Whitestone are no longer putting x3 vials of adhesive in the two pack boxes !

Not good if you mess up the 1st application and need to use the 2nd vial leaving you with a 2nd screen protector without adhesive !
Wow! That's not good news, especially given the fact that there is a certain amount of skill and precision to properly install the Whitestone Dome.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

Wow! That's not good news, especially given the fact that there is a certain amount of skill and precision to properly install the Whitestone Dome.

They have in the past supplied x3 tubes of adhesive in the twin pack so I'm not sure why they've now stopped this and now only supply 2 tubes !

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

was about to buy the WSD...then i remembered screwing up so badly for my previous Note 9/S10 and Note 10 and i skipped...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance