Unlocking TMobile branded Note

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to have a T-Mobile branded phone that was purchased on samsung.com?

TMobile is clueless as to how I can have it unlocked since it wasn't purchase directly through them but it is a T-Mobile branded phone.

I keep getting a message when I try to unlock it through the settings, I keep getting the message "your phone isn't eligible reason 132"
b5c024e46b177c231e8ba945478807c3.jpg

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I attached a photo
I see. Thanks! My phone is unlocked in the other sense (carrier-unbranded), so I guess that's why mine doesn't have that setting.

You should be able to get their support rep to escalate the problem to someone who knows how to solve it. Their Facebook chat might be more convenient than a long phone call. Or if you're near a T-Mobile corporate store, you could take the phone there and ask them to deal with it (they probably can't figure it out themselves, but they can call in for you and insist that it be solved). Unfortunately, when they're initially unable to fix a problem, getting it resolved often takes much more effort than it should.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I thought you need to use certain amount of days to have it network unlocked... Did you purchase paid in full?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try contacting Tmobile again and get someone higher up to handle this , Tmobile had used this in settings compared to the device unlocked app it use to have. If you meet all the requirements device paid off and days its supposed to be activated on the account they can unlock it . All they need is imei number .

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what the rules are at T-Mobile but since they merged with Sprint it may be similar. Sprint requires a device to have active service for 60 days before they will unlock it.

Hornswoggled

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Fill me in, since I haven't unlocked a phone since . . . probably a Note 4. I remember at that time, T-Mobile had to contact Samsung, who got back to them a few days later with some string of code unique to the phone's IMEI to unlock it. I've been buying unlocked phones since then. How is unlocking done now?

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Ask tmobile help on Twitter to unlock your phone. They’ll send you a dm. They unlocked my S10+ last year and I think my Note 8 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Have this problem been solved? I'm looking for solutions on my side.

It's seen buying T-mobile from Samsung cause more loop channel than ever.