Anyone notice Apps downloaded from Google Play, Samsung Galaxy Store are taking over updates??

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'm imagining things but wondering if anyone notice the same thing...

I'm sure I downloaded the BitDefender antivirus app as well as Zoom app from the Google App Store. I prefer to download as many apps as I can from one source... Google... and only use Samsung Galaxy Store for apps provided by Samsung. I even have a yearly sub to BitDefender so I had to have gotten it from Google.

But today I check updates on the Galaxy Store and it shows updates available for my BitDefender and Zoom app! Showed updates for Samsung apps and you can't seem to deselect the Galaxy Store from updating selected apps.... all or nothing. So I let it update.

But does that mean Samsung how now poached apps I got from Google Play and now linked to their store?? I don't why they do this but not happy about it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, there's some crossbreeding of app updates on occasion. For the most part I only update Samsung apps from the Samsung Store. The funny part is when you can have two versions of the same app from both stores.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Only apps I downloaded from the galaxy store get updated from there. Almost all of my apps are from the play store or Amazon app store.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, there's some crossbreeding of app updates on occasion. For the most part I only update Samsung apps from the Samsung Store. The funny part is when you can have two versions of the same app from both stores.

And later that evening after my post... Zoom update available and I installed from the Google Play store. :confused:

So guess the tug-o-war goes back and forth and for now don't really care as long as they don't end up corrupting my app.

Since it's Samsung I guess I don't care because... they're Samsung. But if it wasn't Samsung and some other third party poaching apps back and forth, I'd be concerned on a security point of view as well as I really want to keep my apps mainly with Google.

ChrisNP87

Jan 24, 2022
Visit site
Yep! It's still happening over two years later in 2022! I uninstalled apps from the Galaxy store and reinstalled via Google Play and it continues to happen. Quite bizarre, but I agree with everyone else, as long as it's from the two stores I'm Ok with it.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung wants to update some of my Play Store apps but it says it can't auto-update because the app was installed from the Play Store. I know I ended up with 2 copies of Pokémon Go on my phone because of this. Haven't tried to get 2 copies of any others. Does open interesting possibilities though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908