Screen Over Sensitive

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Many people have complained that they have to press really hard on their screen to make it work. On my Exynos Note 20 Ultra, I have the opposite problem. My screen is over sensitive. I can barely touch the screen and it will launch apps, type letters on the keyboard, or whatever I'm doing. It will also happen when I get the S-Pen or my finger close to the screen without touching it. Very frustrating. In settings, I have "Touch sensitivity" turned off. I have the factory screen protector on it. I don't want to put a thicker screen protector on it hoping it might help. Is there any hidden settings to fix this? Any suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm we don't get a question about how sensitive the screen is , its usually the opposite like you mentioned. You using any 3rd party launcher?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do other people notice the oversensitivity as well if they try using your phone, or does it just seem to be something with your fingers?

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmm we don't get a question about how sensitive the screen is , its usually the opposite like you mentioned. You using any 3rd party launcher?

I use Nova launcher. I don't think it's Nova since I have the same issue in safe mode. No Nova there. And I have the issue in all of my apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Nova launcher. I don't think it's Nova since I have the same issue in safe mode. No Nova there. And I have the issue in all of my apps.
Good point, the only thing I can suggest is try another Note 20 ultra in store or friend see if same situation

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use Nova and I have the 20 and screen sensitive is just perfect maybe a little on the up side.
Did you try this setting in the settings.
6b98cfbf7ce95555a4c329c51192bcc4.jpg

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Many people have complained that they have to press really hard on their screen to make it work. On my Exynos Note 20 Ultra, I have the opposite problem. My screen is over sensitive. I can barely touch the screen and it will launch apps, type letters on the keyboard, or whatever I'm doing. It will also happen when I get the S-Pen or my finger close to the screen without touching it. Very frustrating. In settings, I have "Touch sensitivity" turned off. I have the factory screen protector on it. I don't want to put a thicker screen protector on it hoping it might help. Is there any hidden settings to fix this? Any suggestions?
Have you tried looking at these settings to see if it helps? Only issue i have is one hand typing and pressing extra keys when reaching on the keyboard.Screenshot_20201002-073139_Settings.jpeg

Michael Egan1

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site

I have the same issue on a bone stock note 20 ultra. it's extremely frustrating because I can't scroll without the damn think clicking on whatever is under my finger. I seriously hate this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance