Case causing screen burn in

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, not saying causing burn in... no way imo. But he's mentioned shadow with the WSD installed... ok when he took it off... then shadow appeared when he put the second WSD on. Both from the same pack. I'm saying the distortion is from the glass. He hasn't tried the new ones get got.
Oh yeah , definitely can happen then

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe imperfect glass from Whitestone? Could look optically clear until it's on the phone and the light from the display shows it's flaws. If from same package as the first and part of the same batch, it would make sense the same flaw in glass in same place. Just a guess.

Yea, these are both from the same package. Pulled to first one off the the shadow when away. After I installed the second one I have the same exact shadow in the same spot. Have a brand new set here that I will install sooner or later. Still rolling with the original second shadow one on the phone.

I don't think your issue is the same though there isn't much to go in that article. Does yours go away instantly when you remove the protector?

Yes, it did and came right back when I installed the second one.

Last edited by a moderator:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
just dont get that case to be safe.no point debating about it.
Agreed. It's burn in or it's not burn in, either way it's a negative result from using that case. I was just giving a heads up as I wouldn't want to get this case or continue using it if there's a remote chance it could damage my $1400 phone. Even if it goes away, will the damage eventually get bad enough to stay, I sure wouldn't want to find out if it becomes permanent over time.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agreed. It's burn in or it's not burn in, either way it's a negative result from using that case. I was just giving a heads up as I wouldn't want to get this case or continue using it if there's a remote chance it could damage my $1400 phone. Even if it goes away, will the damage eventually get bad enough to stay, I sure wouldn't want to find out if it becomes permanent over time.

Its a useful post. To help users be aware. But if they persist then go ahead. Just don't get those who are trying to debate on whether A damages A1 or B damages A1 and so on.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Its a useful post. To help users be aware. But if they persist then go ahead. Just don't get those who are trying to debate on whether A damages A1 or B damages A1 and so on.

I've seen issues with the cases that cover the camera lenses as well. Scratches the camera lens. Another buyer beware....:-(

Last edited:

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
the Nillkin camshield?i had that case for my Redmi device but too cheap for my N20U loool.

Yes that one and another company that mimics theirs. Saw a few reviews plus I want to say YouTube. The shield is right up against the camera lens and each time you open it, it rubs. Enough for me to say no...:-(

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes that one and another company that mimics theirs. Saw a few reviews plus I want to say YouTube. The shield is right up against the camera lens and each time you open it, it rubs. Enough for me to say no...:-(

Its actually a good case. Because it tells people the camera is covered. But too bad it scratches the lens... So i doubt adding the tempered Camera protector would help.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Its actually a good case. Because it tells people the camera is covered. But too bad it scratches the lens... So i doubt adding the tempered Camera protector would help.

I'm surprised it would cause scratches. The camera lense/cover is glass, the case cover is plastic. Plastic shouldn't scratch glass even if it's rubbing against the glass if there is enough room?

I really hated covering up my Mystic White and Silver cameras, but since covering the camera module, I've not thought about the camera glass being scratched or possibly damaged every time I set my phone down on a surface like any of my past phones. And loving the sort of "high-tech/machined" look too with the silver bezels popping through the Kevlar skin. :p

Attachments

• DA1DCF84-33DC-4245-8495-F4B59E2D6DB2.jpg
    DA1DCF84-33DC-4245-8495-F4B59E2D6DB2.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 7

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm surprised it would cause scratches. The camera lense/cover is glass, the case cover is plastic. Plastic shouldn't scratch glass even if it's rubbing against the glass if there is enough room?

I really hated covering up my Mystic White and Silver cameras, but since covering the camera module, I've not thought about the camera glass being scratched or possibly damaged every time I set my phone down on a surface like any of my past phones. And loving the sort of "high-tech/machined" look too with the silver bezels popping through the Kevlar skin. :p

Thats not the Nillkin Camshield though. But as for the Camshield. It wouldnt scratch in like a few days. Maybe a few weeks of usage. And if the person takes a lot of pictures and keeps on sliding the cover, it will eventually scratch. Glass is glass, it will scratch...

And i did use my N20U naked for a few days and what bothers me is that the phone keeps rocking on a flat surface... I had a N10+ with scratched lens bezel because of not using a case....

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Yes, the rubbing against the lens on a constant basis was the issue with the reviewer. Also the lack of ease with opening and closing with both the cases. Maybe just a design flaw in general. To me, if they tweaked it and allowed a little more room and a better track for the slider to glide on, even a metal glide, this would be a great case. Just a design flaw at it sits. Sad but true case, no pun intended either. I truly loved the idea myself...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the thread got sidetracked because other things got thrown into the mix besides the case.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The issue is that the S-View Flip Cover case allows a constant display on a side window -- so if that part of the display is always on, it can cause burn-in of that side display. It's not that the case itself is causing the burn-in -- it's how the S-View display stays on.

Wow! I'd never even thought of that as being a potential cause for screen burn-in. A good warning, for sure.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wow! I'd never even thought of that as being a potential cause for screen burn-in. A good warning, for sure.

well...i remembered the S-View case for my S7 Edge scratching the screen... thats why i kinda keep away from flip covers...cause users will never know what gonna get in between the cover and screen.

but as for this case,im sure SAMSUNG forgot to move the AOD,thus causing burn in ...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
well...i remembered the S-View case for my S7 Edge scratching the screen... thats why i kinda keep away from flip covers...cause users will never know what gonna get in between the cover and screen.

but as for this case,im sure SAMSUNG forgot to move the AOD,thus causing burn in ...
It's not burn in unless it's permanent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze