10-18-2020 12:55 PM
45 12
tools
    Nobody is talking about this. Thought I would post it for those using this case so they are aware of it in case they missed it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.and...n-1165369/amp/
    10-12-2020 05:32 AM
    Someone at Android Authority doesn't understand what screen burn in is. A case can't cause it. It just can't. Nothing not part of the screen and/or screen driver chips can. The case may be putting an image onto some layer of the screen (and that would have to be analyzed in a screen-development lab), but the case can't cause burn in. That's like a tree in another state being responsible for your male pattern baldness. MPB doesn't work that way, and screen burn in doesn't work that way.
    10-12-2020 02:46 PM
    Someone at Android Authority doesn't understand what screen burn in is. A case can't cause it. It just can't. Nothing not part of the screen and/or screen driver chips can. The case may be putting an image onto some layer of the screen (and that would have to be analyzed in a screen-development lab), but the case can't cause burn in. That's like a tree in another state being responsible for your male pattern baldness. MPB doesn't work that way, and screen burn in doesn't work that way.
    The issue is that the S-View Flip Cover case allows a constant display on a side window -- so if that part of the display is always on, it can cause burn-in of that side display. It's not that the case itself is causing the burn-in -- it's how the S-View display stays on.
    Ranjen617, J Dubbs and Morty2264 like this.
    10-12-2020 03:20 PM
    If the display can't be forced off, even with the case, that's a good reason for not using the case. My phone, my money, my way. If they want it their way, pay for my phone. That's why I use Android, not iOS.
    10-12-2020 03:22 PM
    It sounds like the S-View display is supposed to turn off on its own, but for some reason isn't, at least for some people. Maybe it has to do with some other 3rd party apps that are interfering.
    10-12-2020 03:24 PM
    The issue is that the S-View Flip Cover case allows a constant display on a side window -- so if that part of the display is always on, it can cause burn-in of that side display. It's not that the case itself is causing the burn-in -- it's how the S-View display stays on.
    Should we really be surprised that it could cause burn in? Having a static image show in the same spot every time? I mean that's why they made the info shown on the AOD shift around the screen subtly but constantly to prevent burn-in.

And of course someone will remind and make the correction that it sounds like it's a ghosting issue and not really burn in... yet.
    10-12-2020 03:29 PM
    Should we really be surprised that it could cause burn in? Having a static image show in the same spot every time? I mean that's why they made the info shown on the AOD shift around the screen subtly but constantly to prevent burn-in.

And of course someone will remind and make the correction that it sounds like it's a ghosting issue and not really burn in... yet.
    Yeah, I don't know for sure how the S-View case is supposed to work. Is the window display supposed to turn off after maybe a minute, and then turn back on if the phone is touched or moved a little? Or, as you mentioned, is the display supposed to shift a few pixels intermittently, and it's not doing that?
    10-12-2020 03:42 PM
    Nobody is talking about this. Thought I would post it for those using this case so they are aware of it in case they missed it.

Nobody's talking about it because it only happens with the S-View case and it's not burn in.
    10-12-2020 04:01 PM
    Nobody's talking about it because it only happens with the S-View case and it's not burn in.
    So what is it? Persistence? I've seen that kind of thing on my Pixel C, and also the touchscreen of my car.
    10-12-2020 04:07 PM
    I'm wondering is the Whitestone dome glass is causing burn in on my screen where I have that shadow on the left side of the screen?

The first WDS gave me a shadow on the left side of my screen on light/white screens. When I took the WSD off that shadow went away. I still have the second WSD on my phone causing this same shadow. New, two pack of WSD on deck but in no hurry to install another one.

Just wondering if the WDS could be screwing up my screen?
    10-12-2020 04:08 PM
    So what is it? Persistence? I've seen that kind of thing on my Pixel C, and also the touchscreen of my car.
    it sounds like persistence or image retention since it is being reported as going away. It is a possibility I suppose that it could become permanent. I toyed with the idea of that case a few times but was never really impressed with it. Best solution is not to use it unless they come out with a software fix.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-12-2020 04:13 PM
    I'm wondering is the Whitestone dome glass is causing burn in on my screen where I have that shadow on the left side of the screen?

The first WDS gave me a shadow on the left side of my screen on light/white screens. When I took the WSD off that shadow went away. I still have the second WSD on my phone causing this same shadow. New, two pack of WSD on deck but in no hurry to install another one.

Burn in is caused by an uneven use of pixels. I don't see how a screen protector could cause that to happen.
    10-12-2020 04:19 PM
    The weird thing about my Pixel C is that the screen discoloration (similar to what's shown in that Note20 article) is along the bottom of the screen (in landscape orientation), which corresponds exactly to where the magnetized attachment part of the keybaord/stand is. I wonder if the prolonged exposure to those strong magnets could have contributed?
    10-12-2020 04:28 PM
    The weird thing about my Pixel C is that the screen discoloration (similar to what's shown in that Note20 article) is along the bottom of the screen (in landscape orientation), which corresponds exactly to where the magnetized attachment part of the keybaord/stand is. I wonder if the prolonged exposure to those strong magnets could have contributed?
    Strong magnets could certainly cause issues. To what extent on OLEDs, I'm not certain.
    10-12-2020 04:36 PM
    Burn in is caused by an uneven use of pixels. I don't see how a screen protector could cause that to happen.
    I don't either but my curved shadow sure is similar to the shadow people are reporting from the S-View case.
    10-12-2020 08:50 PM

Burn in from screen protector, I doubt it .
    10-12-2020 08:54 PM
    I don't either but my curved shadow sure is similar to the shadow people are reporting from the S-View case.
    Is it the same as in that article, corresponding to the S-View window? If so, I wonder if it's due to differential sunlight exposure on that portion of the screen. https://reallysmartbuyers.com/can-su...-your-oled-tv/
    10-12-2020 08:56 PM
    Burn in from screen protector, I doubt it .

Maybe imperfect glass from Whitestone? Could look optically clear until it's on the phone and the light from the display shows it's flaws. If from same package as the first and part of the same batch, it would make sense the same flaw in glass in same place. Just a guess.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    10-12-2020 08:57 PM
    Maybe imperfect glass from Whitestone? Could look optically clear until it's on the phone and the light from the display shows it's flaws. If from same package as the first and part of the same batch, it would make sense the same flaw in glass in same place. Just a guess.
    Anything possible, but it's hard to believe that it could . A glass screen protector defective yes , but to cause your screen to have burn in .
    10-12-2020 09:06 PM
    Anything possible, but it's hard to believe that it could . A glass screen protector defective yes , but to cause your screen to have burn in .
    No, not saying causing burn in... no way imo. But he's mentioned shadow with the WSD installed... ok when he took it off... then shadow appeared when he put the second WSD on. Both from the same pack. I'm saying the distortion is from the WSD glass. He hasn't tried the new ones he got.
    10-12-2020 09:12 PM
    No, not saying causing burn in... no way imo. But he's mentioned shadow with the WSD installed... ok when he took it off... then shadow appeared when he put the second WSD on. Both from the same pack. I'm saying the distortion is from the glass. He hasn't tried the new ones get got.
    Oh yeah , definitely can happen then
    10-12-2020 09:13 PM
    I don't think your issue is the same though there isn't much to go in that article. Does yours go away instantly when you remove the protector?
    10-12-2020 10:32 PM
    Yea, these are both from the same package. Pulled to first one off the the shadow when away. After I installed the second one I have the same exact shadow in the same spot. Have a brand new set here that I will install sooner or later. Still rolling with the original second shadow one on the phone.

I don't think your issue is the same though there isn't much to go in that article. Does yours go away instantly when you remove the protector?
    Yes, it did and came right back when I installed the second one.
    10-12-2020 10:47 PM
    Yes, it did and came right back when I installed the second one.
    I believe in the article there is some lag in it normalizing but it's hard to say beause the article is poorly written technically at best but nicely written as click bait.
    10-12-2020 11:21 PM

Thank you for the heads up. I had this in my cart to buy this week. No thank you after seeing this...:-)
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    10-13-2020 02:01 AM
45 12