Has Hey Google or Ok Google stopped working?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what's abnormal in that screenshot -- is there something else you wanted to show?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You guys are awesome, always willing to help. When I say, "OK Google" or "Hey Google" to voice activate search, wake up, or voice commands, nothing happens; was working before. It only works when I have to manually press the home button (Voice Search as gesture in Nova Launcher). I have tried to retrain my voice, turn on/off Google Assistant, etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You guys are awesome, always willing to help. When I say, "OK Google" or "Hey Google" to voice activate search, wake up, or voice commands, nothing happens; was working before. It only works when I have to manually press the home button (Voice Search as gesture in Nova Launcher). I have tried to retrain my voice, turn on/off Google Assistant, etc.
Try restarting Nova launcher , if that doesn't work clear data/cache the force stop the Google app .

Your welcome :) we do best we can !

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The Google Assistant seems to be getting more glitchy all the time. It's a shame, it was my favorite feature. I think they're devoting more resources to the "new and improved" Assistant and letting phones running the older version fall to the wayside. That or the servers can't handle the new demands on the Assistant. With all the unlimited data plans and huge increase in data usage for everything... and the throttling.... I've definitely noticed a big step down in our service with AT&T.

Either way you gotta love progress lol.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the widget hasn't had the text "Say Ok Google" or "Say Hay Google" for a few weeks but the voice interaction still woks fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2