After using the Note20 ultra would you buy it again?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
No buyer's remorse for the N20U. It is the best phone I've ever had and I've had a lot. I also have the Fold 2 and the base Note 20. The Note 20 U is just the better all around phone, though the Fold 2 and Note 20 are great in their own right. The Ultra has the right size, premium build materials, great cameras, power, battery life, IP rating...it's just the complete package that, for me, doesn't seem to sacrifice anything other than a low price.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Had mine since before release (yay for early delivery) and I would 100% buy it again, and even buy the same one (Mystic Black 512GB).

I have been beating up my phone quite a bit with xCloud (Doom Eternal on my phone anyone?) and so far, flawless with the MOGA controller. WiFi or 5G, it all works great!

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had mu N20U since release day, and I really like it, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again unless/until they fix the no notification for screen off memos bug. That is so much of the reason I buy the Note over any other phone. Very disappointed by that. Makes me want to go back to my Note 9.

Arkidelik

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I am indeed going down to my T-Mobile store in Plastow NH. I live in massachusetts 1.4 miles from the nh border. 2 miles from the store no sales tax. The note20 ultra has my name all over it. I did have the note6 some time back so after the OnePlus 7 pro and the LG V60 it's time to come back.

Greetings from Connecticut, neighbor!

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately everything is a backwards step from using the Note.

I could buy any device for my daily driver. There is a reason it can only be one.

For the love of the wee holy man would someone bring out a SPen competitor though!

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I would do different is I'd buy it through Verizon instead of unlocked. I'm still waiting for the update to get 5G. I tried flashing the stock firmware for Verizon but it didn't work. Gave me an error and had to flash back to unlocked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only thing I would do different is I'd buy it through Verizon instead of unlocked. I'm still waiting for the update to get 5G. I tried flashing the stock firmware for Verizon but it didn't work. Gave me an error and had to flash back to unlocked.
No 5G on the carrier version?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You really would want to go to the carrier variant just to get 5g now? I promise you aren't missing anything and will get it soon especially if they release the 3.0 beta.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
You really would want to go to the carrier variant just to get 5g now? I promise you aren't missing anything and will get it soon especially if they release the 3.0 beta.

Honestly if the Verizon locked version is getting updates faster than the unlocked one I kinda would. I mean 5G right now isn’t that big a deal but I had the unlocked s20 ultra and the Verizon variant got the big camera update before the unlocked one did. That update was really important cause the camera for me on that phone was horrible.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Prolly yes because I love the SPen......amazing tech! However the battery should have been larger and had an in-display selfie cam for the $$$$.
Hi all. I'm on the ropes. I'm leaning to the Note20 ultra. Even though my wife and her mine-me keep trying to push me to the iphone 12pro. As they tell me it's beter. It's better for whom I ask .
I really like most of the features of the note20. One can do so much more with it.
So for you folks who have had it now for a few weeks if you had to do it all over agin ?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Understand although this is the first update I've known in a while for the carrier model to get update first. With rumors of the beta coming soon I'd be on the look out for that to enable 5g access like it did for the S20 Ultra.
Honestly if the Verizon locked version is getting updates faster than the unlocked one I kinda would. I mean 5G right now isn’t that big a deal but I had the unlocked s20 ultra and the Verizon variant got the big camera update before the unlocked one did. That update was really important cause the camera for me on that phone was horrible.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No way would I get the carrier model on Verizon. It didn't take that long for unlocked to get that camera update. The unlocked gets the monthly security updates first. You also can't get Android beta on the carrier model. I'm on beta on the S20 and it included the 5G update. The Nationwide 5G is no big deal anyway. The beta will be out for the Note 20 in a few days.
You also can't get Find My Mobile on the carrier version.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No way would I get the carrier model on Verizon. It didn't take that long for unlocked to get that camera update. The unlocked gets the monthly security updates first. You also can't get Android beta on the carrier model. I'm on beta on the S20 and it included the 5G update. The Nationwide 5G is no big deal anyway. The beta will be out for the Note 20 in a few days.
You also can't get Find My Mobile on the carrier version.
I have less than zero interest in the beta and while 5g might not be a big deal for you it might be for someone else. I don't want to have to run a beta on my phone to get an update that I should already have. The whole point of buying unlocked it to get the updates first whatever they may be. Important to you or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21