Samsung must have amnesia.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
A friend posted this screen shot. He's an iPhone user...

But im pretty sure there are accessories missing from all the current flagship Samsung devices.

Attachments

• 17157.jpg
    17157.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 43

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I can’t see the pic ...if it’s Apple phone they are shipping without charging brick ...

Last edited:

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why you can't see the picture. And yes, I know the ne iPhone doesn't have the charger. But the Note and other devices also didn't include the headphones, which you have to buy separately, unless you got lucky with the free link.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603321246934.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603321246934.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 38

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Not sure why you can't see the picture. And yes, I know the ne iPhone doesn't have the charger. But the Note and other devices also didn't include the headphones, which you have to buy separately, unless you got lucky with the free link.

Oh yes I just got my free yesterday..I don’t need them ...anyone want a pair lol

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't make much sense gramar wise, the way it's phrased,.

"We sell BOTH the headphones and the charger in the box at no extra cost!!"

But that's definitely not what the US customers received. Amnesia, I love it! :)

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Grammar is way off. You just have to ask for the earbuds on the link. Not sure where Samsung is going with this ad...

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 12 is a total disappoint this year and they know it. Android os the way to go anymore which is the reason I got rid of my iphone and went to the note 20 and galaxy watch 3 this year.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There's a big difference between not including earphones with a phone, which you don't need to use the phone, and a charger which in a lot of cases you do. You can't just plug any "old" charger laying around into a brand new phone which could very well have a new faster charge mode that your "old" charger won't work with. And everyone has proprietary charging protocols.... so your pixel, Samsung, Moto, iphone and others can't swap chargers because they won't fast charge properly.

Not to mention iPhones lightning connector. So unless you have last year's charger for this year's same brand phone you just purchased, and they didn't increase the charging rate which will now make your charger a slow charger, you might be alright. But if that changes, or you get your first new brand of phone and don't have any fast chargers for it laying around, then you get to go buy one on top of the price of your phone.

There's a reason electronic devices like phones say to only use the charger they came with, because there's a risk of fire, damaging/shortening the battery life of your phone, and having it charge dog slow just to name a few. I have a drawer of old chargers..... that's because they won't charge any of my new devices any more.....way too low powered, wrong plugs etc. It's not like I have a bunch of cutting edge chargers laying around waiting to charge the latest and greatest phones. I've never owned an Apple product so if I bought a new iPhone, guess what? I have to buy a new marked up charger as well. And my last Samsung was a flip phone with a special connector, super low wattage charger.... so I'd need another new marked up charger for my new Samsung if they go the no charger route.

Don't fall for the "it doesn't matter" ruse, this is just like raising taxes, it's a one way ticket, once you give up the charger, everything for phones will become ala'carte. In other words they'll start piece-mealing phones out to us and nickel and dime our phone purchases to death. Which is exactly what they want :eek: :mad:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a drawer full of chargers, a box full of cables, ear plugs, old bluetooth hearing... Ewaste is real.

Option on buying to get credit toward Buds, wireless charger, or not.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The messed up thing is Apple includes a USBC lightning cable with the new iPhone 12 line and none of the past devices came with a USBC charger so a lot of people will be buying a USBC charger with their new iPhone. So it's not about ewaste it's about making money. If it was more about ewaste Apple would give their customers an option to trade in their old USBA charger for a USBC one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The messed up thing is Apple includes a USBC lightning cable with the new iPhone 12 line and none of the past devices came with a USBC charger so a lot of people will be buying a USBC charger with their new iPhone. So it's not about ewaste it's about making money. If it was more about ewaste Apple would give their customers an option to trade in their old USBA charger for a USBC one.
The 11 came with a USB-C charger but good point because that's not the majority.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
iPad Pro finally started using USB-C.
My MacBook 2015 uses USB-C as do most Apple, and that's 5 years.

I bought 4 if the Lightning adapters to allow using a USB-C on devices that don't. The reverse of what some Apple users face. But Android users have not being using USBA (?) for equally long. My S7 probably.

I've given away boxes of electronic and cables but 20 years and still have old Firewire and boxes of 3.5" disk drives - thankfully got rid of SCSI equipment.

You may not but for me, yes e-waste is very real.