thinking of switching to the Samsung note 20 from iPhone 11

David Thomas24

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
hi

I have a iPhone 11 right now am thinking of upgrading too the Samsung note 20 I was going too get the iPhone 12 pro max models but this year iPhone is not much of a upgrade other then the cameras so I think the Samsung note 20 will be a much better upgrade plus I will have 120hz refresh rate wish the iPhones dos not have so any ways how do you like your note 20 and all so how long has it been out ?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got my Note 20 Ultra coming from iPhone X and all I can say is... DO IT!!!
You know how Apple wants you tethered to Wi-Fi for every little thing? Not anymore. And I love my battery life, I'm on this thing all day and I always have a good 35% battery left at the end of the day. The screen is beautiful.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Did same. Got $500 trade in on my (non-Pro vanilla) iPhone 11 for the Note20. Excellent.

Didn't need/want the Ultra. Great device inn all ways.

Still have my old iPhone X.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I left the iPhone 11 in the dust and haven't looked back much better device in every way soooo much faster to use you won't regret it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
hi

I have a iPhone 11 right now am thinking of upgrading too the Samsung note 20 I was going too get the iPhone 12 pro max models but this year iPhone is not much of a upgrade other then the cameras so I think the Samsung note 20 will be a much better upgrade plus I will have 120hz refresh rate wish the iPhones dos not have so any ways how do you like your note 20 and all so how long has it been out ?

I'd say go into a store that has a N20 working retail demo model and have a play around to see if you like the aesthetics, form factor, features on the phone and android software.

Check out YouTube and ask friends who may have one.

We talk about the Apple Eco-System which is a very real thing which for some can be a jarring to come away from.

Another tip is to also de register from imessage before moving just to ensure your messaging then works OK.

Above all enjoy the journey. ;)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had an 11 Pro Max that I traded in. I now have a Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra. The Note 20 is such a solid device, as it should be for the price. I'm not sure which one I enjoy more, the 20 or the 20 Ultra. Despite it's power, the N20 gets some nice battery life which should appeal to those that find themselves charger-challenged throughout the day. The flat screen is a plus too.

TechBob

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 20 Ultra, a phone that I originally rejected. I had the S20 Ultra and returned it because it seemed just too heavy and uncomfortable. I ended up using the S20 Plus for a while, but when the Note series came out, I initially thought it was an S20 repeat. But I eventually tried the Note 20 Ultra and man was I wrong. I am amazed. It is night and day different (to me). It is an amazing phone.

I also own the iPhone 11 (I support both platforms for work). I settled for the base 11 as the 11 Pro Max is heavier than the S20 Ultra, so I wasn't going to try that, so I got the 11 and I have had it for a while. But, to get the 5G support, recently I ordered a 12 (not Pro). It is alreadyback in the box and I have an appointment to return it to Apple. Very uncomfortable phone with the square edges, even with the Apple Silicone case and I assume the 12 Pro Max will be much worse as it is even heavier than the 11 Pro Max and with squared edges, no way. So, honestly, I don't see any phone that Apple currently sells that comes close to the Note 20 Ultra. In fact, I have to say that the screen is large enough that I have put my iPad aside and started using my Note 20 Ultra for note taking. An amazingly large, but not too large, clear screen. In comparison with the base iPhone 11, there is no comparison. I personally don't think that Apple makes any phone that comes close. I think I will keep my 11 just for test purposes and forget Apple for a while. Count me as wowed by the Note 20 Ultra.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the note ultra 20 and iPhone 12 pro for work. Let’s say from a life long Apple guy I’m telling my employer to keep the iphone. The displays and 120hz is amazing!! Yea iMessage is great but whatever. The big thing for me is Apple hasn’t made any changes. If it was 120hz I would be good but that’s a deal breaker now.
I love their watches and so forth but take a chance.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Only downside is everyone asking why? Buy then they see the phone. Google Duo IMO is as good or better than FaceTime. It’s just iMessage and airdrop (which I never used). Only if the fricking Watch 3 worked as well with phone would I be happy ha! I’m not a fan of stock stock apps

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Note 20 ultra is better on paper but in reality they are both as good as each other and it comes down to what you prefer personally. I would prefer the Note 20 Ultra for its 120hz display although the fact it can only be used at 1080p takes away from it just a tiny bit. I prefer the customisation options also although the older i get the less i care for that stuff.

With the iphone i prefer its build / rounded corners. It just feels nicer in hand. I also prefer Face id over touch id although i will concede the hole punch looks better then the notch but i also prefer the flat display on the iphone rather then the curved of the Note so over all i prefer the iphones display and the notch isnt that bothersome to me personally. In terms of resolution / ppi you can rest assured both will look as good as each other in my opinion and i feel the same way about the camera also. Negligible difference if any at all.

As for UI i prefer apples. Its just cleaner and looks better and whilst they generally have smaller batteries then androids, the chipsets used are more efficient so the batteries arent as bad as some people make out. The max models in particular have probably the best better life i have ever got from a device although the Note series is up there too.

Cant go wrong with either one. If the Note 20 Ultra was a tad smaller / less boxy in hand and had a flat display then i would be tempted to make the switch but deep know i know its likely ill switch back to apple in the future as i would miss face id, the user interface and each app just looks that tiny bit more cleaner and polished on ois aswell.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
@Blaalad12 The SN20U has face recognition as well as fingerprint. With some cases the screen will seem flat. The Torras Diamond case wraps around the screen and it feels flat. Also the Zero Lemon case will do this as well. I'm sure there's more. I'm getting well over 12 hours on screen time with just the regular battery. Zero Lemon goes for days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2