Manufacturer Warranty questions.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a silly question , but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

I had to get a replacement device and I was able to use my manufacturer warranty on the old device. What I want to know is does my year manufacturer warranty restart with the new device or would they be going by the date in which I got the first device ?

I'm just not sure how it works since I've only did a manufacturer warranty exchange on one other device before the n20 and I never had to use it again.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a silly question , but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

I had to get a replacement device and I was able to use my manufacturer warranty on the old device. What I want to know is does my year manufacturer warranty restart with the new device or would they be going by the date in which I got the first device ?

I'm just not sure how it works since I've only did a manufacturer warranty exchange on one other device before the n20 and I never had to use it again.
I think warranty goes by your original purchase date.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This a good question, I would contact Samsung to make sure . What happens if you get a replacement phone at 8 month mark for warranty , you have 4 more months and warranty expires with replacement device, the warranty device should get 1 year mark also , but could be wrong double check that with Samsung.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This a good question, I would contact Samsung to make sure . What happens if you get a replacement phone at 8 month mark for warranty , you have 4 more months and warranty expires with replacement device, the warranty device should get 1 year mark also , but could be wrong double check that with Samsung.
Warranty is only from the original date. If you paid for a screen replacement that would carry a different warranty for that repair.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
2 month later after having a replacement device i don't have no more warranty you saying because it past its initial 1 year mark

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So if I get a warranty device at 11 month mark and at 13 months it acts up , no warranty?
That's the way it works.....only exception would be if you used a damage protection warranty. The usually give you 90 days on replacement units but that varies by the insurance company.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's the way it works.....only exception would be if you used a damage protection warranty. The usually give you 90 days on replacement units but that varies by the insurance company.
This not through insurance, this through manufacturer

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the the answers. That's pretty sucky that the manufacturer warranty doesn't start over, but oh well. At least I still got 10 months left in the warranty period. Lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the the answers. That's pretty sucky that the manufacturer warranty doesn't start over, but oh well. At least I still got 10 months left in the warranty period. Lol
I feel if you are on month 11 of your warranty and they send you a refurb as replacement they should at least give a extra 30 days on the warranty. As said before they might if they feel like it, but that's a big if also.