10-31-2020 10:17 AM
40 12
tools
    This is probably a silly question , but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

I had to get a replacement device and I was able to use my manufacturer warranty on the old device. What I want to know is does my year manufacturer warranty restart with the new device or would they be going by the date in which I got the first device ?

I'm just not sure how it works since I've only did a manufacturer warranty exchange on one other device before the n20 and I never had to use it again.
    10-26-2020 09:56 PM
    This is probably a silly question , but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

I had to get a replacement device and I was able to use my manufacturer warranty on the old device. What I want to know is does my year manufacturer warranty restart with the new device or would they be going by the date in which I got the first device ?

I'm just not sure how it works since I've only did a manufacturer warranty exchange on one other device before the n20 and I never had to use it again.
    I think warranty goes by your original purchase date.
    10-26-2020 10:06 PM
    I think warranty goes by your original purchase date.
    Ok ty
    10-26-2020 10:14 PM
    This a good question, I would contact Samsung to make sure . What happens if you get a replacement phone at 8 month mark for warranty , you have 4 more months and warranty expires with replacement device, the warranty device should get 1 year mark also , but could be wrong double check that with Samsung.
    Laura Knotek and sweetypie31 like this.
    10-26-2020 11:36 PM
    This a good question, I would contact Samsung to make sure . What happens if you get a replacement phone at 8 month mark for warranty , you have 4 more months and warranty expires with replacement device, the warranty device should get 1 year mark also , but could be wrong double check that with Samsung.
    Warranty is only from the original date. If you paid for a screen replacement that would carry a different warranty for that repair.
    Laura Knotek and sweetypie31 like this.
    10-26-2020 11:45 PM
    Warranty is only from the original date. If you paid for a screen replacement that would carry a different warranty for that repair.
    So if I get a warranty device at 11 month mark and at 13 months it acts up , no warranty?
    10-26-2020 11:48 PM
    2 month later after having a replacement device i don't have no more warranty you saying because it past its initial 1 year mark
    10-26-2020 11:50 PM
    So if I get a warranty device at 11 month mark and at 13 months it acts up , no warranty?
    That's the way it works.....only exception would be if you used a damage protection warranty. The usually give you 90 days on replacement units but that varies by the insurance company.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2020 11:51 PM
    2 month later after having a replacement device i don't have no more warranty you saying because it past its initial 1 year mark
    I don't make the rules. Feel free to call them and prove me wrong.
    10-26-2020 11:52 PM
    That's the way it works.....only exception would be if you used a damage protection warranty. The usually give you 90 days on replacement units but that varies by the insurance company.
    This not through insurance, this through manufacturer
    10-26-2020 11:54 PM
    I don't make the rules. Feel free to call them and prove me wrong.
    Thats what I suggested
    10-26-2020 11:54 PM
    Thats what I suggested
    I know the answer....lol
    10-26-2020 11:55 PM
    Thats what I suggested
    I'm quite sure if a month later you had an issue, they might work with you but that would be on a case by case basis.
    10-26-2020 11:56 PM
    I'm quite sure if a month later you had an issue, they might work with you but that would be on a case by case basis.
    You sound like one of them , don't like that lol
    10-26-2020 11:59 PM
    You sound like one of them , don't like that lol
    He's right tho.... Mike gets lucky once in awhile lol.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-27-2020 04:08 AM
    Thanks guys for the the answers. That's pretty sucky that the manufacturer warranty doesn't start over, but oh well. At least I still got 10 months left in the warranty period. Lol
    10-27-2020 06:20 AM
    Thanks guys for the the answers. That's pretty sucky that the manufacturer warranty doesn't start over, but oh well. At least I still got 10 months left in the warranty period. Lol
    I feel if you are on month 11 of your warranty and they send you a refurb as replacement they should at least give a extra 30 days on the warranty. As said before they might if they feel like it, but that's a big if also.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    10-27-2020 06:25 AM
    It helps to think about it from their perspective.
    10-27-2020 08:44 AM
    He's right tho.... Mike gets lucky once in awhile lol.
    Don't blow his head up lol
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-27-2020 09:11 AM
    I feel if you are on month 11 of your warranty and they send you a refurb as replacement they should at least give a extra 30 days on the warranty. As said before they might if they feel like it, but that's a big if also.
    Yeah that really stinks.
    10-27-2020 09:13 AM
    I read up about this last night. Sure enough is from the original purchase date unless the carrier gives you something like a 90-day. Not sure about Samsung themselves but yeah, at 11.5 months you only get another 2 weeks unless specifically expressed in the paperwork for many. Kinda tacky if you ask me...:-(
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-27-2020 01:24 PM
    When I worked for Verizon when you purchased a phone it had a 1 years manufacturing warranty, if it was replaced for any reason via warranty the replacement device is covered under the same 1 year warranty covered by the original purchase and purchase date.

Now this may have been Verizon exclusive but the warranty phone also had a 90 day guarentee as well. This 90 day would carry past the original warranty date.
    10-27-2020 02:16 PM
    I read up about this last night. Sure enough is from the original purchase date unless the carrier gives you something like a 90-day. Not sure about Samsung themselves but yeah, at 11.5 months you only get another 2 weeks unless specifically expressed in the paperwork for many. Kinda tacky if you ask me...:-(
    They only warranty original purchase date. Not sure it's really tacky. The replacement service is for convenience so you don't have to send phone in for repair and wait for it to be fixed and returned. They could just keep repairing your original phone which will take longer and you could be without a phone. Just a thought.
    10-27-2020 02:19 PM
    They only warranty original purchase date. Not sure it's really tacky. The replacement service is for convenience so you don't have to send phone in for repair and wait for it to be fixed and returned. They could just keep repairing your original phone which will take longer and you could be without a phone. Just a thought.
    What about if you shipped to be repaired, they decided send a refurbished or new whatever they decided , that should carry a warranty no ?
    Not same device, different imei number, I can understand if they repaired the original and sent it back to follow the existing 1 year warranty. Just curious on this and good topic .
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-27-2020 02:47 PM
    I still stand on being tacky, especially for someone that pays dearly for insurance. Double insured here. If they send you a refurbished device, who knows what may go wrong with the device. I'd rather my device be fixed and sent back vs a replacement myself.

There is an area for abuse and I get that but to me they should stick behind the product if there's a replacement. If it's mine, I'll take the original warranty and deal with it. IMHO
    10-27-2020 03:03 PM
40 12