VZW 5G service Note 20 Ultra

kwatch

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have VZW service. I'm wondering if I need to change a set up for 5G service. I don't see any options to change for 5G service.

Screenshot_20201027-165941_Call settings.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to keep the apple music. That's why I stayed on the old plan. However, it seems like I'm not getting the 5G speed.
Verizon just activated their nationwide low-band 5G network. Speeds on that are only about the same as 4G LTE, with many members here reporting worse speeds. If you were expecting the super fast speeds, that is only on the ultra-wideband 5G network, which is severely limited in availability right now and final coverage is anyone's guess. There's nothing you need to set to get it.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Verizon just activated their nationwide low-band 5G network. Speeds on that are only about the same as 4G LTE, with many members here reporting worse speeds. If you were expecting the super fast speeds, that is only on the ultra-wideband 5G network, which is severely limited in availability right now and final coverage is anyone's guess. There's nothing you need to set to get it.
Even though VZW''s low band 5G in my area atleast it's faster then ATT low bad 5G I have confirmed with various speed test throughout my area.
c5bcb5e61b71ef690af81e4352a6b63f.jpg

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My issue is weird. Out of the box I have 5G on the ultra. Wife sitting beside me last night has yet to get 5G on her Note 20 normal. Which makes no sense as both have 5G. Might have to do a SIM replacement unless you all have an idea.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My issue is weird. Out of the box I have 5G on the ultra. Wife sitting beside me last night has yet to get 5G on her Note 20 normal. Which makes no sense as both have 5G. Might have to do a SIM replacement unless you all have an idea.
Does your wife's device have the update that enables 5G?

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If your using the unlocked version on Verizon , your not going to see the low band nationwide 5G .I believe they need to fix that in a future update for unlocked version , there’s work around a changing CSC or manually flashing vez software or one ui 3 beta