Fast Wireless Charging stopped working

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so im using the Samsung 15W Fast Wireless Charger stand type(EP-N5200). The 1 which launched with the Note 10 series.And normally it charges well.Fast Wireless Charging is turned ON in settings.Took me around 1 and a half horus to get from 42% to 92%.

But just today suddenly it stopped working and it takes 18 minutes to charge from 92% to 100%...anyone facing the same issue as me?

*Update*
Turns out its the case which makes wireless charging have issues... Thats wierd....

Attachments

• Samsung-15W-Wireless-Charger-Stand.png
    Samsung-15W-Wireless-Charger-Stand.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Rebooted and then tried? I think I would have the rare quirk with the wireless charger on my Note 8 or charging speed and a reboot fixed. Just like I've had a couple of times wireless pay not working at a store and rebooted my phone and worked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so im using the Samsung 15W Fast Wireless Charger stand type(EP-N5200). The 1 which launched with the Note 10 series.And normally it charges well.Fast Wireless Charging is turned ON in settings.Took me around 1 and a half horus to get from 42% to 92%.

But just today suddenly it stopped working and it takes 18 minutes to charge from 92% to 100%...anyone facing the same issue as me?
Can try members app test wireless charging, also reboot the phone maybe any small glitch Screenshot_20201101-194238_Samsung%20Members.jpeg

Cletis169_1

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
The only issue I've had is a fast wireless charger from Amazon was fast wireless charging until the Oct security update. Sounds like Apple breaking items not approved by them. My Sammy chargers work though.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Rebooted and then tried? I think I would have the rare quirk with the wireless charger on my Note 8 or charging speed and a reboot fixed. Just like I've had a couple of times wireless pay not working at a store and rebooted my phone and worked.

i already rebooted the phone.tested with other Fast Wireless Charger i have laying around but still the same...a sign to move to iPhone 12 Pro Max perhaps? :confused:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can try members app test wireless charging, also reboot the phone maybe any small glitch View attachment 328496

it passed the test...so perhaps all my chargers are damaged? :eek: total of 3 different pads and adapters...

The only issue I've had is a fast wireless charger from Amazon was fast wireless charging until the Oct security update. Sounds like Apple breaking items not approved by them. My Sammy chargers work though.

the wierd thing is that i didnt update anything...was working well at the same time yesterday...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Can try members app test wireless charging, also reboot the phone maybe any small glitch View attachment 328496

I find the members apps test funny... and don't see the value in them.

Like yesterday in another post with the FPS... run the Fingerprint test... yep it works!

Doesn't tell ya if working meet security criteria by testing against a print... maybe showing how many points it read... something!

Then I played a couple of more tests... Charger... yep, it's plugged in.
Camera... "Did it take a good photo (front and back)?" I guess. Pass!
SIM Card... Yep, see's it! :confused::confused::confused:

I stopped there. I didn't wanna do the Speaker test because I was afraid of it consisting of asking, "Do you hear sound??" :-!

:p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I find the members apps test funny... and don't see the value in them.

Like yesterday in another post with the FPS... run the Fingerprint test... yep it works!

Doesn't tell ya if working meet security criteria by testing against a print... maybe showing how many points it read... something!

Then I played a couple of more tests... Charger... yep, it's plugged in.
Camera... "Did it take a good photo (front and back)?" I guess. Pass!
SIM Card... Yep, see's it! :confused::confused::confused:

I stopped there. I didn't wanna do the Speaker test because I was afraid of it consisting of asking, "Do you hear sound??" :-!

:p
It's a pretty neat self check like you do in dialer code of the phone app

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried without a case ?

well...i still have a bit of OCD left so taking it out is an issue.but the wierder part is that the phone shows Fast Wireless Charging but doesnt Fast charge... but im 90% its the case...as it was normal since day 1 until i put on the Defender...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
well...i still have a bit of OCD left so taking it out is an issue.but the wierder part is that the phone shows Fast Wireless Charging but doesnt Fast charge... but im 90% its the case...as it was normal since day 1 until i put on the Defender...
Ahh , very well could be

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't think they charge very fast from 92 to 100

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I had an app that had amps, current, capacity, battery cycles and a host of readings as well as thermals.

Junk electronics is an issue, Amazon has tried to weed some out. Some brands like Anker are well respected.

It isn't just an Apple thing, but as with new Mag charger they have to get certified and pass tests. Lithium batteries and faulty chargers? Sometimes a bit OCD isn't paranoid at all. Cables or anything can go bad.

Evening it was due to security update, that's not a bad thing necessarily- unless there are bugs in it. I doubt Apple or Samsung will let users know about such technical changes, at one time Apple did daily thru RSS feed.

I had a wireless charger stand, 3rd party even bought on Apple Store, and it was terrible. Not an old wives tale, old tv that was messing up other devices - removed settop tv and went away.

I just replaced a $199 year old router wifi6 and bought updated model - lucky enough my issues went away and no more dropped connections, slow down, and for once getting solid 250Mbps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084