Outlook email app help

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone I've got a dumb question. I use the outlook app for my emails, recently when opening links through the app, it opens them through the email app and I have issues with it. For example, I get a ton of Docusign emails and I'm unable to load the pages or access buttons that would normally be at the bottom of pages. I want them opened with my samsung internet browser. Previously, when I opened links through the app, it opened them on Samsung Internet. Does anyone know how to get this setting back? I tried uninstalling and clearing cache of the app and permissions but its still not right.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It's really an annoying change with the addition of the in-app browser. Some links launched, in the in-app browser, will produce a pop-up bar that appears when I scroll to the bottom of the page. In the center of the bar is three dots & that will allow me to then open the link in my default browser. But that is not available for all links I open.

I'm actually considering moving to a different email client.

Attachments

• 20201103_002007.jpg
    20201103_002007.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
They added an in app browser with no way to change it. It was a dealbreaker for me and I started using the stock email app. I had a lot of stuff that wouldn't open right in their internal browser. Hoping they change it in a future update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird that they did that. Most apps that can open links within the app have an option to change it. Definitely send feedback to Microsoft about this.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
They added an in app browser with no way to change it. It was a dealbreaker for me and I started using the stock email app. I had a lot of stuff that wouldn't open right in their internal browser. Hoping they change it in a future update.
You can change it. It's a bug. You either need to force close and clear cache or reinstall that app and the option will come back. I was pissed at first too until my coworker told me how to fix it.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You can change it. It's a bug. You either need to force close and clear cache or reinstall that app and the option will come back. I was pissed at first too until my coworker told me how to fix it.
So that makes it give me the option to set my own default browser for opening links? I don't mean hitting the 3 dots at the bottom for every link. I'm talking about I pick a browser and it stays as my default browser for links.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So that makes it give me the option to set my own default browser for opening links? I don't mean hitting the 3 dots at the bottom for every link. I'm talking about I pick a browser and it stays as my default browser for links.
Yup.
ead57243aac74726c5cc0c6d3eea225a.jpg

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys n gals, but I tried clearing cache and uninstall/reinstall and i still get nothing. I still have the same issue just like Kixfan. Might have to go back to Sammy's email

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Anytime I've installed a new browser, the default setting had to be reset.

Install Edge or Firefox, etc and see what happens.

You should reset the default for the section of what links browser uses and reset there.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lot of things with Microsoft that's been really annoying for some time... Win 10 where it tries to force you to create an Outlook account when setting up a new computer if not a Pro Edition. How it sneaks in an install of Teams and actually annoys you with a start up of Teams the next time you reboot and log into your computer when you install Office 365. Forced updates in the background... and etc.

I never considered it before for my personal PC and always used Windows since 3.11... and I'll probably always have a Windows unit from work. But this crap like that from them has me thinking of trying MacBook next time.

It's really an annoying change with the addition of the in-app browser. Some links launched, in the in-app browser, will produce a pop-up bar that appears when I scroll to the bottom of the page. In the center of the bar is three dots & that will allow me to then open the link in my default browser. But that is not available for all links I open.

I'm actually considering moving to a different email client.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This issue just hit me this morning. I didn't really attempt to 'fix' it.

I just installed Samsung email app and set up all of my accounts in there.

So far so good. I don't miss anything - yet; It's been a few hours, so I'll see if anything starts to bother me in the next few days.

I hope you can solve the issue, or at least find another email client that will suit your needs.