Full screen issue on YouTube

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Was working perfectly before the latest update a week ago, but now, I can't get YouTube to go full screen. All settings were untouched before latest update, including having "Full Screen apps".

Thanks!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Had the same issue check the pull down menu and make sure auto rotate is on mine was off.
ac272fcfc72aaa57e61d0340ba63cfbc.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that you don't see the full screen icon? Or that when it goes fullscreen, you can't get it to fill the entire screen (i.e., no black bars on the sides)?

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I reported this last week. Full screen meaning edge to edge picture. Pinch to expand did not expand but a caption popped up saying Full Screen.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. My auto rotation has been off. Issue is exactly how Dek described it.
Do you mean that you don't see the full screen icon? Or that when it goes fullscreen, you can't get it to fill the entire screen (i.e., no black bars on the sides)?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I did a test on mine...

If I play a YouTube video at WQHD+, I can’t pinch out to go full screen.
If I bring down the resolution to FHD+ I was able to pinch out to full screen filling edge to edge.
So I thought it’s a glitch when running at WQHD+. BUT...
i decided to move resolution back up to WQHD+ and play video... pinched out and it worked... full screen edge to edge.

each time I tested I would close YouTube app completely after changing resolution and then reopen and play same video each time. Oh and I’ve been running 60hz lately and ran 60 through these tests.

Sw glitch with YouTube app but like in my case, maybe changing resolution will fix for you.

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
The latest version of YT has been acting up. I've reinstalled the app and that seems to help at first then go back to not working correctly. Reading reviews on the play store show that this is happening a ton right now. Pinch to expand screen is pretty broken at the moment.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here. It's still random with me, thought it was fixed a few days ago.
The latest version of YT has been acting up. I've reinstalled the app and that seems to help at first then go back to not working correctly. Reading reviews on the play store show that this is happening a ton right now. Pinch to expand screen is pretty broken at the moment.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem too. Plugging my phone into my computer and launching Samsung DeX seemed to reset the display configurations (in some way that's still not clear to me), and fixed the pinch-to-expand issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12