A few days in with my purchase and getting the normal anxiety/ doubting of whether I made a good purchase or if I should exchange.

1. It's really big. I like it in hand, but as soon as I put a case on it feels chunky. Case suggestions? It also doesn't fit in my cars wireless charging slot with a case on (I've tried the s view cover and silicone cover from Samsung). Sort of not a deal breaker anyway since I plug in for android auto.

2. The camera bump. Seems hard to protect even with a case.

3. Typical feeling of why spend the big bucks now if the new s21's are just around the corner... blah blah, alwayys something around the corner.

I've been able to adjust one ui much better than past experiences with Sammie software so I'm happy about that. (Coming from a pixel 2). Wondering what my wait will be for Android 11 on Verizon though.

Mostly worried I won't be happy with the size and with a case on. Wondering if a slightly smaller S20 FE might have suited better for less money. Or a pixel 5 for that matter.

Meh.
    11-23-2020 09:31 AM
    The toughest part is if you can live with the size. It's definitely a large phone... especially with a standard case.

Spigen Neo Hybrid doesn't give you that chunky blocky feeling because of the subtle contours at the sides.
    Loved it on my Note 8 and was going to go with it on my N20U until I went LaterCase Kevlar case.
    Buy your cases from Amazon than direct for cheaper price I think.

https://www.spigen.com/products/gala...ase-neo-hybrid

Pretty much as close to naked as you can get but no real drop protection really but looks and feels great.

https://latercase.com/products/galax...ltra-thin-case

Used the Spigen clear case too and loved it. Showed off the Mystic White nicely and not too thick.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Hybrid...cUvbUpU6889379
    11-23-2020 10:10 AM
    Honestly really like the sview case. The texture is really cool... just not sure i like flipping it open all of the time. Seems like i could always pop it out when at home or gaming. Takes some getting used to for pictures too.
    11-23-2020 12:19 PM
    That is the reason I went with the regular note great size with a case on fits my hands no problem.
    11-23-2020 04:47 PM
    Honestly really like the sview case. The texture is really cool... just not sure i like flipping it open all of the time. Seems like i could always pop it out when at home or gaming. Takes some getting used to for pictures too.

looks nice but be aware of past discussion. Not sure if true long term affect.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...rn-in-1165369/
    Dagr likes this.
    11-23-2020 04:53 PM
    looks nice but be aware of past discussion. Not sure if true long term affect.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...rn-in-1165369/
    Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. Mostly I like the texture, not the window.
    11-23-2020 05:06 PM
    Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. Mostly I like the texture, not the window.

yeah or a ghosting issue and not a burn because you're only turning on that strip of display when case closed. And ghosting usually corrects itself. But ya just never know.
    11-23-2020 05:07 PM
    The official silicone case has a nice soft feel but adds just a bit more than I like to the width and seems smudgey with fingerprints. (I bought those two to try out).
    11-23-2020 05:09 PM
    The official silicone case has a nice soft feel but adds just a bit more than I like to the width and seems smudgey with fingerprints. (I bought those two to try out).
    Probably will stick with that one for now and take back the sview. As for the phone... finding it hard to put down. Really do like it... think it will be a keeper. Have a bit of time to try it out in return window still... but I have the software about where I like it. Are carrier phones able to get in on the one ui beta?
    11-23-2020 05:14 PM
    I think most people have buyers remorse at some point over a purchase

I use a dbrand camera module protector on mine.

I prefer minimalist so choose the Samsung Black Leather Back Case and a Whitestone Glass Screen Protector.
    11-24-2020 12:57 AM
    Fyi... the discovery of action launcher has basically made my phone feel just like it has pixel launcher... including left of home screen Google discovery. Really pleased... makes the transition really nice and clean. Still have Samsung on all the settings menus and such, but that is fine.
    11-24-2020 11:38 AM
    Agonizing over the updates now vs pixel 5... Lol man am I trying to convince myself to not love this device. Every time I think I can't replace something I give a way to make it work.

Btw, do you guys prefer the gboard over the Samsung keyboard? Prediction seems better.
    11-24-2020 03:54 PM
    Agonizing over the updates now vs pixel 5... Lol man am I trying to convince myself to not love this device. Every time I think I can't replace something I give a way to make it work.

Btw, do you guys prefer the gboard over the Samsung keyboard? Prediction seems better.
    Well. Give it up and go back to Pixel, lol. The Note 20 Ultra isn't for everyone, just like the Pixel isn't for me. Too much bezel and too plain for me. 😉
    Dagr likes this.
    11-24-2020 04:48 PM
    Well. Give it up and go back to Pixel, lol. The Note 20 Ultra isn't for everyone, just like the Pixel isn't for me. Too much bezel and too plain for me.
    guess I deserved that.
    11-24-2020 05:25 PM
    The note for me has never failed to deliver it's a keeper for me and the first device I will keep for at least three years. First device for me that delivers on everthing I throw at it.
    Dagr likes this.
    11-24-2020 07:50 PM
    was using the Defender Pro for quite some time but the squeeking really annoys me...back to Mous Limitless 3.0...also a great case but slippery.
    11-24-2020 09:53 PM
    The note for me has never failed to deliver it's a keeper for me and the first device I will keep for at least three years. First device for me that delivers on everthing I throw at it.
    Good to know... The hardware is so good. Only thing I really don't like it's the camera bump, but a case makes that better. Actually really like the official silicone case.

A little put off with how much I have to fight the software to get it less samsung centric. Had a few issues getting Google discovery and assistant working correctly... Crossing with bixby stuff.

Saw the VZW pixel 5 for 500 at best buy... At that price it's certainly a savings.

Anyway, have it currently setup exactly how I like it... Have been pleased with the optical zoom level on the camera and general pictures, though the size options and how to engage the various lenses are a little confusing (is the side angle lens only for when you zoom out?).
    11-26-2020 03:58 PM