Going to try Nova Prime again...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used it in years. What functions will I be missing using Nova Prime? Will I lose spen features, edge panels, edge lighting, etc.?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You will miss none of those that you just mentioned. You still get those plus gain all the features from Nova. Just try it.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Like they said, you'll lose none of the features you listed. I'd encourage you to dig through Nova's settings. Every nook and cranny, and take your time. See what the launcher is capable of. And once you've got your setup, backup to Google Drive. Makes setting up your next device WAY easy.
You will miss none of those that you just mentioned. You still get those plus gain all the features from Nova. Just try it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Nova for years I use it on my Note 20 Ultra now and all of those features are available still anytime I try not to use it I always go back to it because I like the ability to customize the icons size shape shadowing everything else in between it's just a really nice feature to have

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I miss the left Google now news screen from my pixel... active know is the nova sideload mod still works? Seems like it's not maintained.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm trying to make myself go back to nova because I miss being able to use the icon pack studio app ( it doesn't work with one ui). I've gotten so used to One UI and how it works. I never thought that would happen. Lol

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Trying action launcher... seems like a good pixel launcher replacement. Trying to break down the barriers to keep new from exchanging my new Samsung for a pixel 5. :)

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I miss the left Google now news screen from my pixel... active know is the nova sideload mod still works? Seems like it's not maintained.
One can do that now with Nova. I too use Nova on my 5GU. When I go left that's my Google News Screen. That was enabled a year or so ago-ish. HTH

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My best attempt of a screenshot sliding left showing you.
cf008edac9f2d485646ddfb1efb516cc.jpg

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just installed it.

I never had any integration so I downloaded/activated Sesame first. Then googled/side loaded it.

Worked great. Under integration on Nova, settings can be changed.

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
I've been using Nova Launcher since my S8, Note 8 and now N20U with no loss of features whatsoever.
I'm not sure how useful Sesame is though, since I've already paid for Nova Prime.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Nova Launcher since my S8, Note 8 and now N20U with no loss of features whatsoever.
I'm not sure how useful Sesame is though, since I've already paid for Nova Prime.
It is quite useful when you get used to it. Usually we go to an specific app (browser, YouTube, Spotify, app drawer ...) and then type a search. With Sesame it's the other way around. You trigger the search with a gesture, type and then select where you want to make the search. Quick and powerful, worth a try.

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have scrolling wallpaper working on any of these launchers? I'm using action launcher atm, but the scrolling wallpaper option does not work... Wondering if it's still that thing where it's broken for all custom launchers?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear. Thanks everyone. Been good with Samsung's UI these past few years but got the itch to change things up a little more again so I'll play with Nova again.