hi all! I'm back!

I am a very lucky mom. a few days ago my son told me to get a new iPhone on him so I did. I was blown away and so touched. he knew my 10+ had blown itself up and required a factory reset, but I never expected this, not in a million years.

the iPhone arrived and I attempted to set it up and couldn't do it. the wifi radio was too weak and I couldn't get a stable signal. took me 30 minutes to download one app, one! from the time it arrived at 3 pm until I gave up in frustration around 8:30 pm anytime I tried to sign into iAnything all I got was a spinning circle. it would have been my first iPhone and I honestly hated it even without the wifi issues.

I ordered a return kit through Sprint and then told him. I dreaded telling my son, but I couldn't in good faith keep it since he was paying and this was a HUGE Christmas gift. biggest one he's ever given me. so I told him and apologized like a hundred times and he said "so get something else" and tonight I did.
    11-25-2020 09:08 PM
    11-25-2020 09:26 PM
    Congratulations!!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    11-26-2020 02:03 AM
    What a great Son you have! Merry Christmas & enjoy your new Note when it arrives!!
    jimd1050 and yas1320 like this.
    11-26-2020 05:30 AM
    Congratulations!!

thanks!
    11-26-2020 08:01 AM
    What a great Son you have! Merry Christmas & enjoy your new Note when it arrives!!

thanks! he's pretty awesome Merry Christmas to you too!

I've since decided to keep my Note 10+ as a backup device/media device since I don't have any other phones to use in a worst case situation. ends up the same pricing as the iPhone 12 Pro Max so very logical
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    11-26-2020 08:05 AM
    Congrats, it's a great phone
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    11-26-2020 10:49 AM
    thanks!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-27-2020 07:15 AM
    Ooooh enjoy, it's a fantastic device, I've been having a blast with mine
    11-27-2020 10:10 AM
    thanks! he's pretty awesome Merry Christmas to you too!

I've since decided to keep my Note 10+ as a backup device/media device since I don't have any other phones to use in a worst case situation. ends up the same pricing as the iPhone 12 Pro Max so very logical
    I just convinced my sister who has iPhone 11 pro to get the Note20U , gave her a quick demo on what it can do and photos and she ordered one. Don't get me wrong love iPhone also as I have a couple but Note is top for me. She getting the white one )
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    11-27-2020 10:34 AM
    I just convinced my sister who has iPhone 11 pro to get the Note20U , gave her a quick demo on what it can do and photos and she ordered one. Don't get me wrong love iPhone also as I have a couple but Note is top for me. She getting the white one )
    What are your thoughts on Note 20 Ultra v the Fold 2? One of these will be my next phone (buying one of these next week). Was holding out for the Surface Duo, but it's not ready for primetime. Have an 11 Pro Max now.
    12-02-2020 11:47 AM
    What are your thoughts on Note 20 Ultra v the Fold 2? One of these will be my next phone (buying one of these next week). Was holding out for the Surface Duo, but it's not ready for primetime. Have an 11 Pro Max now.
    If I had to choose between those 2 it would be the Note 20U , the reason I don't believe the fold is ready yet to be a daily with it's sensitive screen and crease and too expensive. When the fold 4 comes out I'll take another look at it as I'm interested in the technology but for me it's not there yet .
    12-02-2020 12:13 PM
    If I had to choose between those 2 it would be the Note 20U , the reason I don't believe the fold is ready yet to be a daily with it's sensitive screen and crease and too expensive. When the fold 4 comes out I'll take another look at it as I'm interested in the technology but for me it's not there yet .
    I agree with your feedback. The widescreen is alluring for content consumption and taking/viewing pics. I wish when you opened the screen It would go to desktop view & leave mobile view for the front.
    I don't like how narrow apps get when they're side by side. Other considerations (some of which you mentioned) have definitely given me some pause. Also, buying a $2,000 device that I haven't had an opportunity to see/hold in person is also a factor.
    As I need an on the go device, the Note seems like the more logical choice.

Lastly, I think it will be MUCH more of a tempting product once they fix these niggles & they add S-pen functionality. Been waiting for the longest for a great mobile productivity device. Got super excited when I heard the BlackBerry in 2021 news, but now it seems like...

Note 20 Ultra it is

Thanks for the help!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-02-2020 01:24 PM
    Welcome to the Dark Side.

Your going to be blown away with the sheer amount of customisation this phone can achieve coupled with how powerful it is.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-02-2020 01:29 PM
    Welcome to the Dark Side.

Your going to be blown away with the sheer amount of customisation this phone can achieve coupled with how powerful it is.
    That's one of the things that I'm MOST looking forward to. The ability to have the things that I need front and center on my device is something I need. The ability to make it what I need. Can't wait!!!
    12-02-2020 04:11 PM