Note 20 Ultra Not Fast Charging in car? (Or battery bank?)

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's what the spend seem to indicate and I have not seen anyone confirm if it can do 45 watt charging. That said the 25 watt charger appears to achieve 25 watts at either 9v @ 2.77A or 11v @ 2.25A. I don't think the chipped PD cable is needed at this level but I could be wrong.

To the OP, Anker lists their specs for this on their website. The PDO appears to support 9v up to 3A. I would think this would work. Perhaps a proper cable is required. If try the OE cable with this charger. I would suspect the USB A port would be able to at least give you Qualcomm's quick charge capability. PD can be kind of finicky from my experience. But when I have had the right combination of parts, it seems to work reliably.

Im pretty sure N20U supports 25w maximum. Whereas the S20U supports 45w... But the 45w is really useful for emergencies.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
20201201_081621.jpg

Ok, interesting.

SO, when I use this red Anker Cable in my car charger, it does NOT Fast Charge.
When I use the OEM cable that came w/ my phone, it DOES Fast Charge!!! (yay)

When I use this Red Anker Cable in the OEM Wall Adapter that came with my phone, it DOES Super Fast Charge.

WEIRD.
SO... my Note 20 Ultra does not like the Red Anker Cable when connected to the Car Charger? lol. But it's okay w/ it in the OEM Wall Adapter.

Anyways... progress!

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 329418

Ok, interesting.

SO, when I use this red Anker Cable in my car charger, it does NOT Fast Charge.
When I use the OEM cable that came w/ my phone, it DOES Fast Charge!!! (yay)

When I use this Red Anker Cable in the OEM Wall Adapter that came with my phone, it DOES Super Fast Charge.

WEIRD.
SO... my Note 20 Ultra does not like the Red Anker Cable when connected to the Car Charger? lol. But it's okay w/ it in the OEM Wall Adapter.

Anyways... progress!

So perhaps to take advantage of fast charging via USB C PD, a chipped cable is required? After figuring all this out with the Note 10+ last year, I just forgot it all. I'm thinking for me, I'm only buying the correct cables from now on so I don't have to remember which of my cables will work or not. I just have to remember the exact specs. I suppose I'll dive back into the Note 10 forums next time I need a cable. I have several so hopefully I won't need any soon. Lol.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
That's maybe the answer. I already tried my Apple MacBook Pro Cable, and that works for Fast Charging as well.

So when I go to Amazon I need to make sure that I buy which kind of cable?

Any cable recommendations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21