Reasons Any Note 20 Owners Going Switch To S21U

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any compelling reason to move to the S21 Ultra?

875 looks to be just marginally faster than the 865+. Perhaps more power efficient?

QHD and 120hz. This sounds good but it appears to be a toss-up whether you can see the difference to FHD at a normal reading distance.

Haven't seen much about the camera?

5,000mh battery sounds better.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reasons for the S21 ultra

Honestly it feels like Samsung is modeling their devices to be only marginally better than the previous year. It feels more like incentive to skip years. So if you had the S10 or Note10 the 21 would be for you. If you have S20 or N20 you'll get more for you money waiting until the 22/30 or whatever they're going to call it. This is just my opinion but that's how it feels.

On the flip side for those who can't or don't want to wait getting almost or half your money in credit towards the next new device, if you're willing to trade in, isn't a bad incentive either. It works out to be more of a lease program that way.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Is there any compelling reason to move to the S21 Ultra?

875 looks to be just marginally faster than the 865+. Perhaps more power efficient?

QHD and 120hz. This sounds good but it appears to be a toss-up whether you can see the difference to FHD at a normal reading distance.

Haven't seen much about the camera?

5,000mh battery sounds better.
You want me move this to s20 forums , it's currently in Note 20 forum?

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I have a n20u. Was curious here because its specs are better than than the s20u.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a n20u. Was curious here because its specs are better than than the s20u.

I haven't been in the Samsung universe long but from what I have been able to gather, the Galaxy S line is the flagship personal phone line, while the Galaxy Note line is the flagship (almost) business phone. I say almost because it is still a personal phone to many but with a few extras that could be used for business. It historically seems to have been a step above the S line so yeah it has slightly better specs and at a slightly higher price. In one article I read or review that I watched I remember the mention of some controversy over next years device. It was said that the duel flagship phones was likely to come to an end. The way they pictured it was that the next gen would likely be an S line with an S-pen or S-pen compatible. Then the Note line would be no more. I haven't looked much at the S21/30 so I don't know how true this is but I have heard mention around the Note 20 that it is the last "Note" device.

Perhaps someone knows more than I about this and can speak more directly to these claims...?

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: Reasons Any Note 20 Owners Going Switch To S20U

I like to game so the new 888 SD and bigger battery would be ace BUT I don't think I can give up the SPen feature......too spoiled.
I won't give up the stylus. If the Note 20 was the last it will be a long time until I upgrade. I'll save a lot of money too.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Reasons Any Note 20 Owners Going Switch To S20U

I went to the Note for all it's features years ago. I won't move to anything else unless it's another Note. I don't believe they will drop the line myself. I've heard that rumor since my first Note years ago.

Note 20 Ultra may have a few lesser tweaks but a huge nope here...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I won't give up the stylus. If the Note 20 was the last it will be a long time until I upgrade. I'll save a lot of money too.

In the article I tagged in my comment it sounds like they are going to make it S-Pen compatible just without the space eating pocket in the device. So does that mean you won't go without the built in holder or only if it isn't compatible? I would also imagine if they make it compatible they would make it "backwards" compatible so maybe former Note users wouldn't have to buy a new S-Pen??? Or they may go for the money grab and make it only compatible with the "new" S-Pen... Whatever that will be.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87