12-21-2020 08:57 AM
26 12
tools
    I've searched, researched and more fore about a yr for my next phone. It was between s20+ vs i phone11 pro max, now it's between the note 20 ultra vs i phone 12 pro max. I'm big on the amoled since I have the s8, however the iPhone looks not so bad, but not not as good. I like everything about the Note S20 Ultra but I'm worried that I might not be satisfied with camera/video. Ive seen you tube videos rating these phones together and alot of people like the Galaxy as much. That's why I'd like the views of you guys on helping. The price where I'll get these, the Note is 55.00 and the I phone is 45.00 month.
    11-30-2020 07:03 PM
    Do you want a better device than yes. If you want an iphone then go for the 12 difference is big like night and day.
    11-30-2020 07:20 PM
    I.have the note 20 ultra and it is an absolutely fantastic device. You won't be sorry.
    11-30-2020 07:29 PM
    I wouldn't take any iPhone even if it was free so I guess my answer is clear.
    1raygin likes this.
    11-30-2020 08:09 PM
    I think the biggest differentiators between the 2 devices comes down to the S-pen and the zoom lens capabilities. I do alot of mobile photography and can't count the number of times I wished I had a camera phone that could zoom beyond the traditional 2x optical zoom. I also make use of the S-pen for everything from text translation to remote activation of the camera so the Note 20 Ultra was my device of choice.
    11-30-2020 09:39 PM
    I've searched, researched and more fore about a yr for my next phone. It was between s20+ vs i phone11 pro max, now it's between the note 20 ultra vs i phone 12 pro max. I'm big on the amoled since I have the s8, however the iPhone looks not so bad, but not not as good. I like everything about the Note S20 Ultra but I'm worried that I might not be satisfied with camera/video. Ive seen you tube videos rating these phones together and alot of people like the Galaxy as much. That's why I'd like the views of you guys on helping. The price where I'll get these, the Note is 55.00 and the I phone is 45.00 month.
    I can't put a price on the decision. You can't get Android on an iphone so for me it's not an option. Nothing wrong with IOS and I use one for work but I just prefer Android and the Note products.
    1raygin and kevinpleasants like this.
    11-30-2020 10:16 PM
    I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and a Note 20 Ultra. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses. The big things for me against the Iphone are lack of wallpapers that I normally use on the Note, and the inability to change notification sounds for most apps. I like to know what app is sending notifications. The camera on the iphone is definitely better.
    11-30-2020 10:22 PM
    I have both as well and the Note is definitely a better device overall. The iPhone camera system is definitely better but I only notice it when it comes to taking photos of my kids or people in general with the whole skin softening nonsense Samsung does. Also the iPhone takes photos faster as well and can keep up with my kids better. Battery life is also better on the Pro Max. I don't care what those battery test videos show with everything I have configured the way I want the Note struggles to give me a whole day and this with with any device other than the Pro Max. The Note shines as powerhouse of a device that can just do everything and does it good. From multitasking, media consumption, customization, productivity, DeX, Spen, 120hz refresh, fast charging, notifications, etc. You definitely get your moneys worth with Note 20 Ultra that's if you take advantage of it. It all comes down to your personal preference.
    goji26 and kevinpleasants like this.
    12-01-2020 12:48 AM
    Depends on your OS preference

Note ultra has great features but if you prefer ios that doesn't really matter
    debdroid1a and aximtreo like this.
    12-01-2020 04:27 AM
    The price where I'll get these, the Note is 55.00 and the I phone is 45.00 month
    That's not the price, though. That's the rate of repayment of the money you borrow to cover the price. In order to assess whether the price difference is worth it, we need to know what the prices are.
    12-01-2020 08:57 AM
    iPhone 12 pro max has great cameras and that's about it. N20U still has a better screen, SPen support, and high adaptive refresh rate and much better cameras on the N20U..
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-01-2020 12:09 PM
    OP, did you have the S8 since launch day? Or you just had it recently?
    12-01-2020 01:42 PM
    That's not the price, though. That's the rate of repayment of the money you borrow to cover the price. In order to assess whether the price difference is worth it, we need to know what the prices are.
    ...the price difference is $240.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-01-2020 04:01 PM
    Everyone has different reason for choosing different phones. Evaluate what your needs/wants are and what your willing to pay for them...
    12-01-2020 04:15 PM
    No.
    12-01-2020 10:11 PM
    I think the biggest differentiators between the 2 devices comes down to the S-pen and the zoom lens capabilities. I do alot of mobile photography and can't count the number of times I wished I had a camera phone that could zoom beyond the traditional 2x optical zoom. I also make use of the S-pen for everything from text translation to remote activation of the camera so the Note 20 Ultra was my device of choice.
    Yes, ditto for me also. The high price for the Note 20 Ultra is being discounted now.
    12-02-2020 02:54 PM
    Off topic, but anyone else with a Note 20 Ultra find that it DOESN'T actually use the telephoto lens until you're at 10x or higher?

I couldn't figure out why pics using telephoto always looked like oil paintings when it's *supposed to be* 5x OPTICAL...so I started covering lenses today while cycling through .5x, 1x, 5x etc and found it only switches to the telephoto lens once you hit 10x or higher and even when you go back to 5x from those higher levels it SWITCHES BACK to the main camera! But if you exit the app at that point and go back in, sometimes (rare) it will actually be using the telephoto lens at 5x then...but again, rarely.

Wondering if my phone is defective or if they all do this and no one apparently noticed?
    12-03-2020 11:04 PM
    Off topic, but anyone else with a Note 20 Ultra find that it DOESN'T actually use the telephoto lens until you're at 10x or higher?

I couldn't figure out why pics using telephoto always looked like oil paintings when it's *supposed to be* 5x OPTICAL...so I started covering lenses today while cycling through .5x, 1x, 5x etc and found it only switches to the telephoto lens once you hit 10x or higher and even when you go back to 5x from those higher levels it SWITCHES BACK to the main camera! But if you exit the app at that point and go back in, sometimes (rare) it will actually be using the telephoto lens at 5x then...but again, rarely.

Wondering if my phone is defective or if they all do this and no one apparently noticed?
    I think it because you're covering the camera before you cycle to zoom. If you set it to 5X first then cover the zoom it will cycle to the main lens.
    12-04-2020 12:13 AM
    I think it because you're covering the camera before you cycle to zoom. If you set it to 5X first then cover the zoom it will cycle to the main lens.
    Nope, doesn't matter if I cover before or after, it doesn't use the telephoto at all until after going to 10x or higher.
    12-04-2020 12:15 AM
    Im.going clean this up a little
    @mcdonsco @Gary02468

Please in the future if see any issues hit the report button.
    Gary02468 and sweetypie31 like this.
    12-04-2020 01:14 PM
    I use ios for work.

Couldn't pay me the £10 difference a month to use the iPhone for personal use.

The note is in a different league.

But if you prefer Fisher Price the decision is easy.
    rikken likes this.
    12-05-2020 11:52 AM
    Nope, doesn't matter if I cover before or after, it doesn't use the telephoto at all until after going to 10x or higher.
    Mine doesn't behave the way you describe
    12-05-2020 11:55 AM
    $55 for the note seems very high!
    12-05-2020 12:49 PM
    I got it March 2018
    12-20-2020 07:46 PM
    OP, did you have the S8 since launch day? Or you just had it recently?
    March 2018
    12-20-2020 07:48 PM
26 12