Just as i feared...

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The Android 11 update has bricked my Note 20 Ultra.
I called Verizon, i did everything they suggested, including full factory reset.

I am partially disabled and I have to drag myself to Verizon but i can't because I'm in Quarantine for Covid-19.

Samsung, may you go bankrupt and lose everything. F you to hell, you putrescent excuse for a company.
I'm expecting the tablet to do exactly the same thing if i update and when I don't the update will be forced on me , again, EXACTLY AS LAST TIME, AND THAT WAS 2013.

Go to hell Samsung. I spent way too much money time and effort to switch and end up with a bricked device, so again, F you to freaking hell.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon, i did everything they suggested, including full factory reset.

I am partially disabled and I have to drag myself to Verizon but i can't because I'm in Quarantine for Covid-19.

Samsung, may you go bankrupt and lose everything. F you to hell, you putrescent excuse for a company.
I'm expecting the tablet to do exactly the same thing if i update and when I don't the update will be forced on me , again, EXACTLY AS LAST TIME, AND THAT WAS 2013.

Go to hell Samsung. I spent way too much money time and effort to switch and end up with a bricked device, so again, F you to freaking hell.
Was it the official release or a beta version?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, that sounds awful. But if it can factory reset, then it's not fully bricked, right? Can you describe the problem in more detail?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Where you stuck ?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Deeeeep breathe..... exhale..... count from 10 to 1 slowly... Whoosah....

Now... you mentioned doing a factory reset already. Curious to know after the factory reset what has been disabled to know if suggestions can be offered.

If you lost connection to network or texting/sms doesn't work or lost your personal data?

May not be a Samsung thing but a Verizon thing... they receive the update and they massage it to their liking for their network... it could have been your carrier that mucked it up and should look for a new carrier maybe. Need more details unless you just were wanting to vent.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
a bricked device is one that cannot even be powered on. as long as it can power on, it has hope. Exactly what does it do when you press the power button.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Did you get it sorted?

There was someone else with the same problem here on this forum. They let the battery go completely dead and were able to get into safe mode and do a factory reset.

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
eWow.jpg
Geez EvilGuppy, hasn't 2020, Covid and the Government put enough of a beating on us? You have to come in and drop F-Bombs on Verizon and Samsung in a Public Forum because of your phone... God, go easy, will ya'!
eLaugh_4.jpg
Kidding... just trying to lighten you up a bit. Everyone above is correct and ready to help you... take advantage of their assistance and try to relax a bit!!!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
omg you guys...
so I did all the possible resets that were available from the phone, and somehow, don't ask me how, it started to work again, I have no idea how. Apparently I'm running Android 11, but I wouldn't know, I'm not noticing any difference.
I have no idea what happened.
I'm afraid to go look at my tablet.
I'm experiencing a lot of stress right now because even though I have no symptoms my man does, do I can't use cannabis as I normally do to handle PTSD freakouts and my brain is really not working right at the moment so I have no doubt that I probably made a mistake along the way but can't tell for sure.
So my phone appears to work.
For some reason I've lost access to emojis

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Don’t blame you with Samsung. They’ve over the years has screwed us. Multiple washing and dryers died. Multiple TVs. And our current tv does two signals for one button press on the remote or any remote programmed for it. Talked to Samsung and they didn’t believe me when I found big topics on Samsung community about the issues and they pretty much told me to shove it and just wait for a firmware update if they fix it. And it seems it’s been happening for years and they never fix it.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
omg you guys...
so I did all the possible resets that were available from the phone, and somehow, don't ask me how, it started to work again, I have no idea how. Apparently I'm running Android 11, but I wouldn't know, I'm not noticing any difference.
I'm experiencing a lot of stress right now because even though I have no symptoms my man does, do I can't use cannabis as I normally do to handle PTSD freakouts and my brain is really not working right at the moment so I have no doubt that I probably made a mistake along the way but can't tell for sure.
Take some edibles and enjoy. Android 11 seems to have a lot of subtle changes that aren't immediately visible, but the "What's New" gives a good run down of it.

I am glad that you were able to get it working. Ours luckily went smoothly on T-mobile. No angst or aggro.

Hope that your man is OK and confiditions don't worsen.

Best to you both!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No apologies to Samsung for cursing them out and claiming they're crooks? Glad to see your phone is back working like the rest of us that took the update.
omg you guys...

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
No no no I am not apologizing to Samsung, for the price they charge we absolutely have the right to expect smooth updates.

Besides, the insults worked: I got my emojis back this morning 😜🤣

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If it happened to me I wouldve switched to iPhone xD

Lol, so yesterday I had to turn my old Apple devices back on so I could at least do a search and figure this mess out, and they're not "old" , it's an iPhone X and an iPad pro 2020, but you know what?
After 3 months on Samsung, Apple felt downright antiquated and archaic.
It was slow rickety and coarse, my goodness how did I stay with iOS for 7 years, what the bloody hell is wrong with me?

So this was definitely educational.
Also my man's symptoms are quieting down, he slept well, he's breathing clearly and he's hungry, it's a good sign 😊

Hey guys...
Thank you all for sticking with me while this was going down, it did help.
🤗🤗🤗

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol, so yesterday I had to turn my old Apple devices back on so I could at least do a search and figure this mess out, and they're not "old" , it's an iPhone X and an iPad pro 2020, but you know what?
After 3 months on Samsung, Apple felt downright antiquated and archaic.
It was slow rickety and coarse, my goodness how did I stay with iOS for 7 years, what the bloody hell is wrong with me?

So this was definitely educational.
Also my man's symptoms are quieting down, he slept well, he's breathing clearly and he's hungry, it's a good sign ??????

Hey guys...
Thank you all for sticking with me while this was going down, it did help.
??????????????????
IMG_20191119_105712.jpg IMG_20191119_105712.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon