Carrier hub

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the note 20 ultra on TMO. T-Mobile just updated it to Android 11 and suddenly I'm getting this carrier hub notification. I did some research and it seems to be a Sprint application. But I have no idea what to do about it or with it. I see some threads where people complain about it draining the battery.

I don't see a whole lot of threads here about this. I also don't see in the apps section of settings where you can find this app.

So the question is, what on T-Mobile does this app do? What do I need it for? Is it going to drain my battery? Can it be disabled? Should it be?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Just carrier hub. And the only way I knew it was there is that after Android 11 finished updating, I kept getting that notification periodically for awhile. I see no app and no app icon. It is not in the system tray, it is not on the app list.

and now that the update has been settled in for a few hours, I am not seeing that notification anymore either.

My guess is that this has something to do with the merger of T-Mobile and Sprint. It is something allowing this phone with a TMO card to use Sprint's system would be my guess. So it is something that is part of the core of the phone system at this point, can't be seen, configured or anything else. But again, just guessing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most likely, since both of those app links I posted are for essentially the same app, one for T-Mobile and one for Sprint (which of course are one and the same now). If you go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, does it show up in the list now?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Most likely, since both of those app links I posted are for essentially the same app, one for T-Mobile and one for Sprint (which of course are one and the same now). If you go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, does it show up in the list now?

Nope. Weird, right? That was the first thing I checked.

You can disable it or use this app to do so , it's free and same as package disablerpro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rrivenllc.shieldx

well, now that it has stopped giving me notifications every 10 seconds and we are some hours down the road, I don't even see that it is there. So I'm wondering if this is something I really want to disable. Perhaps it is a core part of the system. And I don't notice it anymore

The whole thing is kind of strange.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been on TMOBILE firmware plenty in past this first I've heard of it , might be do to the merger but you have options if it bothers you .

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I felt it was. They are still trying to figure out their acquisition at the price of bothering us with it. Never-ending...

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a system app that has always been there with a Sprint account don't delete it. I did a few years ago and I could not use the phone to make or receive calls needed to do a factory reset to get it back and function properly. It doesn't ever show in the battery usage so suggest you just leave it alone and forget you saw it. I'm still on Sprint and it's definitely on my phone to.

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
l also have this show up on status bar. I'm using N20 ultra / & former sprint now T mobile . Battery is still good . I'm ignoring it.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
l also have this show up on status bar. I'm using N20 ultra / & former sprint now T mobile . Battery is still good . I'm ignoring it.

My experience was that it went away after the first 8 hours. Maybe it needs to initialize and update and sync or something and then it just exists.

Little_D

Apr 6, 2021
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy A71 am through Tmobile and been having all sorts of issues with the carrier hub, and my Google play not updating or downloading apps. Only way it works is connected to wifi, I've turned the update over wifi only off and had it set to over any network. And here is another issue I been having, my passwords, and logins for any site I have an account on and or log or logged into are being rest . It's been an issue for months, this is my 3rd phone less than 2 months, my previous 2 phones were the LG styplo 6. Had nothing but problems. Get a new phone and it lasted a week and started having other issues and couldn't even call out on them by the time it was said and done.. This one is starting to do the same crap it seems like. Agreed it is frustrating as heck.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy A71 am through Tmobile and been having all sorts of issues with the carrier hub, and my Google play not updating or downloading apps. Only way it works is connected to wifi, I've turned the update over wifi only off and had it set to over any network. And here is another issue I been having, my passwords, and logins for any site I have an account on and or log or logged into are being rest . It's been an issue for months, this is my 3rd phone less than 2 months, my previous 2 phones were the LG styplo 6. Had nothing but problems. Get a new phone and it lasted a week and started having other issues and couldn't even call out on them by the time it was said and done.. This one is starting to do the same crap it seems like. Agreed it is frustrating as heck.
Is there an issue with your sim card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC