Should I Buy a Note 20 Ultra or S21 Series?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been an S guy for the longest time got my first note last month the note 20 ultra I don't think I'm going back lol

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
How are you finding the size difference between the two devices? Is there much of one?

I'm coming from an S10 plus and to be honest there is a size difference but you get used to it, I'm loving the extra screen size along with the boxier look, but like I said I was always an S guy and wanted a change

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Having just picked up the note 20 ultra, I’d say the advantage is pricing on the device and accessories- now you can get some nice deals. If you can wait, I am sure the 21 will be an awesome device. I wanted the s pen even though I don’t use it much.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Don’t see the need to update for some time the note 20 does everything I need and does it well. Can’t see spending the money every time a new device comes out. The note 20 is the first android device for me that works as it should and so far it’s flawless.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw a render yesterday of the S21 Ultra that would have me a little tempted, very like the N20U with boxy square shape/corners but better camera, processor etc. Plus a slightly bigger external S-pen.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
How are you finding the size difference between the two devices? Is there much of one?

My friend has the S20+, and the only physical size difference we could see is the squared corners. Honestly, I miss the rounded corners on the S series, but I have been using the Note since the Note 9, and I don't plan to go back.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw a render yesterday of the S21 Ultra that would have me a little tempted, very like the N20U with boxy square shape/corners but better camera, processor etc. Plus a slightly bigger external S-pen.

I do like the idea of a slightly larger S pen; But I'm used to the smaller one after several years with the Note series.

I think no internal storage for the S pen is a no-go for me. I've been running my Note 20 Ultra with just a Dbrand skin for months now, and I love the way the phone feels.

I do have an S-view case to use on the rare occasions when I want a case, and I do like the case.. But I don't want to be forced into one all the time just so I can carry and not lose the S pen.

Just my thoughts - I'm sure the S21 will be a great phone, but I am not interested.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an S10 plus and to be honest there is a size difference but you get used to it, I'm loving the extra screen size along with the boxier look, but like I said I was always an S guy and wanted a change

Does the boxier appearance make the phone easier to hold? That sounds like a gradual adjustment process! I guess the S10+ is a big phone too, but I figured the Note Series would be wider and larger still. Thank you for your response! :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend has the S20+, and the only physical size difference we could see is the squared corners. Honestly, I miss the rounded corners on the S series, but I have been using the Note since the Note 9, and I don't plan to go back.

Do you find that the squared corners hurt slightly when you hold the phone? It's hard for me to get a good grip around corners of phones that have squared corners.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the boxier appearance make the phone easier to hold? That sounds like a gradual adjustment process! I guess the S10+ is a big phone too, but I figured the Note Series would be wider and larger still. Thank you for your response! :)

Yes the boxer feel takes a bit of getting used to but speaking for myself I was ready for a change after always getting the S series, to be honest it didn't take me long to get used to it in fact I'm liking the slightly wider screen

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just read this on a web article. Samsung appears to be taking big step backward, not to mention there is already talk about adding 3-4 additional colors months after launch and no guarantee of what each market will get.

Looking at the current economic challenges that people are facing, Samsung has decided to allocate 60% of the whole Galaxy S21 series production to the Galaxy S21 (base model). This means that Samsung is expecting the Galaxy S21 to be the most popular phone in the series. The company has reportedly removed the charger and earphones from the box, used plastic back instead of glass, and reduced the screen resolution from QHD+ to Full HD+ to lower the prices.

I am definitely going with a N20U. Question is do I wait to see if Note pricing will drop or wait for Rakuten 10% off cash back....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes the boxer feel takes a bit of getting used to but speaking for myself I was ready for a change after always getting the S series, to be honest it didn't take me long to get used to it in fact I'm liking the slightly wider screen

That's awesome that you are liking the wider screen! I can get being ready for a change - that's why I bought a Samsung phone for my last upgrade!

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same reservation too. I'm think the S21 Ultra will cost more. I don't think I'd mind the squared corners if it we're just a little bit smaller. I want the Note 20 ultra features but in about 6.2 to 6.4" size. I'm sure I'll end up with the N20U over the S21U just because of the discount my employer is giving me on the Note.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same reservation too. I'm think the S21 Ultra will cost more. I don't think I'd mind the squared corners if it we're just a little bit smaller. I want the Note 20 ultra features but in about 6.2 to 6.4" size. I'm sure I'll end up with the N20U over the S21U just because of the discount my employer is giving me on the Note.

Sometimes you gotta go where the discounts are! That's pretty sweet that you're getting a discount through your employer!